This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
    This is not #059. I will have to take a better look pretty soon which one it is but for now: I think it's a new one!
    That's what I assumed as well. The article also says it's the last Double 12 build. So you would assume it has an higher VIN than #200 (the purple one).

But then again, this Double 12 has the old steering wheel, the old headlights and some other 'old' features.

But for as far as my knowledge goes...:
    Last edited by F Spider; 07-02-2022, 15:00.
    Niels

Comment

Well it has the old headlights so I doubt that.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD View Post
        That's what I assumed as well. The article also says it's the last Double 12 build. So you would assume it has an higher VIN than #200 (the purple one).

But then again, this Double 12 has the old steering wheel, the old headlights and some other 'old' features.

But for as far as my knowledge goes...:
        Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
        Well it has the old headlights so I doubt that.
        Yet it does have the new style seats and the later small reversing and fog light.

Do early Double 12's have the louvres above the front wheels?

Comment

I read the article and noticed some interesting "facts":

A total of 14 Double 12's have been build. - We have 15 in the register but that can be explained by the fact that we included the 12 cilinder prototypes #055 and #056, the C12 Spyder and the La Turbie respectively. So that would make 13 Double 12's. If that's the case we are missing one.
          The one of the article is the last one build. - That's, as other forum members pointed out allready, highly unlikely. It has the same building caracteristics as #069 that was made in 2006.
          This one has an automatic gearbox from a V.W. Phaeton. - I know only one other Double 12 with the same color combination, that one is also Super Charged but doesn't have an automatic gearbox.
          There are 4 Double 12's with a MTM Super Charger. - We have three in the register...

So I do believe this is an unknown Double 12. It's the only one to have a Super Charger in combination with an automatic gearbox. I don't see any of the Super Charger badges that the other three Super Charged Double 12's have, so I think the Super Charger of this particular Double 12 was fitted afterwards.
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Nice find guy's. Very nice pictures! Thanks for posting "Laviolette GT2R" and "Spyker 240"

Comment

Maybe this was the 'last' C8 Double12 at the moment this article was written (when was that?) And after that the Chinese car was build?

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                Maybe this was the 'last' C8 Double12 at the moment this article was written (when was that?)
                The magazine date's from 20 March 2009 (upper left corner): mtm - Motoren Technik Mayer GmbH - Press report picture
                Niels

Comment

Ah, ok! So it is pretty recent!

Comment

I love this Double 12's colours. Nice find guys!!

With the mentioned characteristics, it just cannot be the last Double 12 produced. Many things get written in car reviews, based on what one guy thinks he knows. I guess here they just got it wrong.

The colour setup would suggest that it's #059. What could have happened is that the automatic gearbox was installed recently.

Didn't you guys see 059 during your 2008 factory visit?? It might have been done then.

Comment

#059 has a Ruby Red interior, this one does not. On top of that, #059 was delivered with the Super Charger direct from the Spyker factory, hence the Super Charger badges on the bodywork. The Super Charger from the Double 12 of the article was added later, that's why there are no Super Charger badges but MTM stickers instead.

Comment

The supercharger in #059 was also from MTM if I remember correctly.

bucciali, when we visited the factory we only was the engine of #059 in a corner. Do not remember if the supercharger was still on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                          The supercharger in #059 was also from MTM if I remember correctly.

@bucciali, when we visited the factory we only was the engine of #059 in a corner. Do not remember if the supercharger was still on it.
                          Yes, as far as I know, all Super Charged Double 12's have MTM Super Chargers. And Yes, the Super Charger was still on the engine

engine #059_1_genomen op 18-08-2008.jpg engine #059_2_genomen op 18-08-2008.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                            #059 has a Ruby Red interior, this one does not.
                            Yes, I can see the difference now. So I would agree with it not being #059.

But then, could it be the unknown Russian one then? This one?

The interior colour would match. Then here the story is again with the automatic gearbox and the supercharger badges. But that can have changed later.

Comment

The color combination is indeed the same, also the dash is furbished with leather. The only difference being the badges and the automatic gearbox. I will ask our host on the upcoming factory visit

Comment

And the unknown Double12 that was photographed on the RDW testtrack?

Comment

Working...
                                X