Spyker production and sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker production and sales

I tried to figure out how many cars Spyker has manufactured and how many cars have been sold till now. The different press releases and year results give a lot of information but it is still difficult to get a fixed number.

Year___ Production_______Sales________Order book,
    2000______1________________0_____________X
    2001______2________________0_____________X
    2002______3________________2_____________X
    2003______12_______________3_____________X
    2004______31______________15_____________99 (full year result 2004)
    2005______48______________26_____________161+ 31 SSUV (update Q4 2006)
    2006______94______________74_____________145+182 SSUV (update Q4 2006)
    2007______18(+8 rebuilds)____21_____________(XX orders were cancelled in ‘07)
    2008______43______________26(till Q2)_______X
    Total:____252___________167___________X

My conclusion is that approximately 252 Spykers have been build until Q4 2008 and 167+ have been sold until Q2 2008.

This leaves a number of +/- 85 produced cars. Production numbers also include development cars, rebuilds, race cars, factory demonstrators, prototypes, et cetera. A crash car can be used several time for tests if it is rebuilt after every crash test. #007 is probable mentioned twice as a production result because it was rebuilt in 2007. More info about the definition Spyker uses for “production, orders and sales”: Trading Update Q4 2007
    Last edited by Wouter; 30-01-2009, 19:46. Reason: Updated with the “2008 Q4 trading update” data

That's very interesting Wouter. Very nice investigation!
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Thnx for posting! Had no time to analyze it But some time ago I came across this link: Kunnen ze wel tellen bij Spyker? » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat
      It is in Dutch but maybe it has some information you can use.

I also remember that Spyker stopped publishing the order book.

Comment

Thanks for the extra info. I have added the 3 development cars produced in 2000 and 2001 to the list. After the initial development cars getting U.S. certification also needed a lot of (crash test)cars. Until 2005 at least 10 cars were built for this purpose. Needles to say, the U.S. is in potential a very big market to make this kind of numbers justifiable.

As we al know, due to several reasons, 2007 was a regretful year for Spykercars but despite the unstable financial climat things seem to be heading in the right direction again this year. Victor Muller mentioned at the L.A. motor show that the LM85 is a “big hit” and order intake for the Aileron is very good. The highest publicly know vinnumber at this moment is the C8 LM85 with #233. With the Aileron entering production I expect 2009 to be a very nice year .
        Last edited by Wouter; 27-11-2008, 21:40.

Comment

I wonder how the sales are going now. Logically you would think that the sales would have a relapse with the economic crisis but with the production of the LM85 you would think their sales increases. JoeD has heard that they already sold the first 20. By now i think they are 'sold out' with the Lm85 (it's a speculation). That's rather ironic, don't you think?
          Louis

Comment

It's hard to say. Some people are immune to economic woes, some people make a lot of money right now.

What is for sure is that the depreciation on exotics in the last few months has been less than the depreciation of the stock market
            Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
              What is for sure is that the depreciation on exotics in the last few months has been less than the depreciation of the stock market
              The depreciation of my car has been roughly 50% this year and I don't even have an exotic. First caused by high fuel prices and now by the recession. Not that it matters though as she is not for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                I tried to figure out how many cars Spyker has manufactured and how many cars have been sold till now. The different press releases and year results give a lot of information but it is still difficult to get a fixed number.

Year___ Production_______Sales________Order book,
                2000______1________________0_____________X
                2001______2________________0_____________X
                2002______3________________2_____________X
                2003______12_______________3_____________X
                2004______31______________15_____________99 (full year result 2004)
                2005______48______________26_____________161+ 31 SSUV (update Q4 2006)
                2006______94______________74_____________145+182 SSUV (update Q4 2006)
                2007______18(+8 rebuilds)____21_____________(XX orders were cancelled in ‘07)
                2008______30(till Q3)________26(till Q2)_______X
                Total:____239___________167___________X

My conclusion is that 239- Spykers have been build until Q3 2008 and 167+ have been sold until Q2 2008.

This leaves a number of +/- 72 produced cars. Production numbers also include development cars, rebuilds, race cars, factory demonstrators, prototypes,et cetera. A crash car can be used several time for tests if it is rebuilt after every crash test. #007 is probable mentioned twice as a production result because it was rebuilt in 2007. More info about the definition Spyker uses for “production, orders and sales”: Trading Update Q4 2007
                you can update your scheme with the Q4 results
                http://www.spykercars.nl/download/ar...uarter_def.pdf
                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

The funny thing is that Spyker now says they produced 22 cars in 2007, but last year there was another number :S

Spyker year results 2007 (http://www.spykercars.nl/download/in...ults_2007a.pdf)
                  As a result a mere 26 cars were produced (in whole 2007)

SPYKER TRADING UPDATE FOURTH QUARTER 2008
                  compared to 2007 (22 cars)

So what is it? 22 of 26?

Also I read some news articles about the production in Q4 2008 and so far I have read 12, 13 and 14 cars produced. But I guess the journalists are just to lazy to read the Spyker pressrelease which clearly states 13 cars were build in Q4 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                    you can update your scheme with the Q4 results
                    http://www.spykercars.nl/download/ar...uarter_def.pdf
                    I have updated the list with the “2008 Q4 trading update” data .

2009 promises to be a great Spyker year

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                      The funny thing is that Spyker now says they produced 22 cars in 2007, but last year there was another number :S

Spyker year results 2007 (http://www.spykercars.nl/download/in...ults_2007a.pdf)
                      As a result a mere 26 cars were produced (in whole 2007)

SPYKER TRADING UPDATE FOURTH QUARTER 2008
                      compared to 2007 (22 cars)

So what is it? 22 of 26?
                      The 2007 Annual Report at page 44 says the following concerning the 2007 production:

“Car Production in 2007
                      Production output 26
                      Rebuilts -8
                      New cars produced 18”

Should I change the number of 18 cars in to the 22 cars as mentioned in the “2008 Q4 trading update” ?

Comment

Do you know what they mean with those 22 cars? All cars? Or minus rebuilds? Strange that those numbers change...

Comment

what did 2009 turn out like?

With the swb still being available but by only a custom order, how many spider swb's have been built to date?

Comment

"The start of the Aileron production took place in February 2010" (source: here)
                            ... reading the above, I was wondering if there are any photographs around about the opening of the Aileron production line at CPP (Coventry) in February?

Comment

Some news about the Aileron porduction a CPP Coventry;

"Spyker supercar production increased in Coventry"

Comment

Working...
                              X