Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with warm (HOT!) weather driving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it should not.. the whistling noise is from the air box.
    Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post

Read this topic again: http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/tec...ot-loaded.html

And now I see that the two noises don't have anything to do with each other.

The gearbox is changed for this reason?

The second issue is that it makes a short squeal when you shift gears. This sounds a lot like a rapper scratching a record for about a tenth of a second. It is very distinct and it almost certainly metal on metal.

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
        This is incorrect. The whistling is NOT from the airbox. The whistling sound i am experiences is most likely from the pinion gear within the gearbox.

Comment

I'm glad you found it. there is nothing more annoying than a whistling sound or a rattle you cannot fix. It gets under your skin
          Rijk

Comment

Finality to this issue guys. The change in gearbox got rid of the noise. Also, the new ECU settings are spectacular. Along with this I had Johan do a couple of other small things. I can now see the blinker light in the dash. Good stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
              I can now see the blinker light in the dash.
              That is a huge improvement. I hated that the blinker and high beam lights were covered by the steering wheel. For me these issues got solved when I installed the propeller steering wheel.
              Rijk

Comment

Working...
              X