Spyker model cars in my collection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

secrets unveiled

...you can actually clearly see in the 1:43 model comparison that there is one more air intake in the front (2009 vs. 2008) and the position of the rear spoiler has changed . Can someone explain me why there was a need for a separate 2nd air intake?

Comment

Actually the question that occurs to me in viewing these (cool collection, by the way!) is why do the LM85 Laviolettes mimic the paint scheme used in 2005/2006 instead of 2008/2009, which would have been the current paint scheme when the LM85's came out?

Comment

The design of the paintwork has remained more or less the same in all those years, with the 4 'S' logo's. The colors on the LM85 is gun metal grey and burnt almond orange, so it resembles the '07 scheme the most (grey S and orange background, not the other way around). But still, the gt2r has a more 'silver' type of grey I think. Anyway, I don't know why they didn't used the more recent blue / yellow configuration, maybe they preferred the older colors or was the LM85 designed earlier
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

well my guess is that orange and silver are Spyker's 'own' colours, and the blue/yellow are the sponsor's colours. If the LM85 were blue/yellow, that would be free advertising for Snoras bank. No normal company would just give that away, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
            .. If the LM85 were blue/yellow, that would be free advertising for Snoras bank.
            Or Saab from Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
              Can someone explain me why there was a need for a separate 2nd air intake?
              Just a wild guess: maybe the first vent wasn't able to loose all the hot air from the radiator. And the second vent was just a little detail to make the car more reliable for long distance racing.

Comment

...Can someone explain me why there was a need for a separate 2nd air intake?
                The car initially suffered from understeer. In an attempt to solve this, they added a second air intake, which is actually a very steep air ramp. At high speed the air will generate downforce on the front axle.
                Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Can't wait to see the 2010-spec racecar. Hopefully it's got some new aero improvemens! Let's kick some Porsche, Ferrari, Aston, Jaguar, BMW and Corvette ASS this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
                    Models from Dutchdude

[ATTACH]6281[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6282[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6283[/ATTACH]
                    Dutchdude,
                    ...is your reading "7474.2" miles or kilometers????

Comment

Dutchdude,
                      ...is your reading "7474.2" miles or kilometers????
                      Must be miles as the speedo show miles per hour

Comment

Working...
                      X