Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That does not look good

Comment

Drove around a little today. Destruction is unbelievable. We are very lucky that our buildings survived. Did several days of muddy cleanup now from early morning to late at night. Today we took a breather. Garage is back in working order. Still no Internet, TV or electricity, going on for seven days now. Tomorrow evening we go back to Manhattan.

Generator broke down five times, but no complaints from us.......

So many people have nothing left
      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
        Drove around a little today. Destruction is unbelievable. We are very lucky that our buildings survived. Did several days of muddy cleanup now from early morning to late at night. Today we took a breather. Garage is back in working order. Still no Internet, TV or electricity, going on for seven days now. Tomorrow evening we go back to Manhattan.

Generator broke down five times, but no complaints from us.......

So many people have nothing left
        And the Cars? (Spyker and Ferrari?) No water/mud damage?

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
          And the Cars? (Spyker and Ferrari?) No water/mud damage?
          They were in 5" (12cm) of mud, since receded. Luckily I only had to clean the wheels
          Rijk

Comment

So glad to hear that all of your personal damage was minimal. I hope things will rapidly improve for your area.
            Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

This is the bridge we frequented
              Attached Files
              Rijk

Comment

So sorry!
                With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Yikes - sorry to hear and see of so much damage there. Hope you're back to 'normal' in time to enjoy the fall colors.

Comment

Last week was supposed to be my week off, but that did not happen quite the way I envisioned it
                    Rijk

Comment

Heard from Tom today. Two days of moderate rain are causing problems upstate, because all the normal barriers are destroyed. Water is getting very close to his wonderful car collection. He is very worried, because last night the water rose up to a foot away glom his buildings.

Because being in the water-win area for NY, the water is protected, and the DEP is actively preventing any of the residents to clean op the streams, but at the same time refusing doing anything themselves.
                      Rijk

Comment

Working...
                      X