No announcement yet.

Spyker rides in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... stunning sequences! You really got it all! Thank you for this, Fiona!

Comment

Well done Fiona !
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Fiona, you've got skilz! Thanks so much. What a wonderful event for the kids . . . large and small.
        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Fiona Spielberg

Dutchdude
          Spykerowner #141
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Hans, feel free to send the link to Hans V-R along with your suggestion that I take their new Peking-Paris car on an endurance rally through Africa or indeed Peking to Paris, by way of a severe road test! ....Mongolia is incredibly tough terrain with fantastic photo opportunities!

Comment

Spykers at Dunsfold, Dad's Day Out event

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
              Last edited by SpykerOwner; 10-06-2010, 20:34. Reason: fixed link

Comment

Hey, you beat me to it! I was just about to post that link, I uploaded it last night. Thought you might like to see a bit more footage of the Spykers at Dunsfold.

YouTube - Spykers at Dunsfold, Dad's Day Out event

Comment

... nice cuts, Fiona! At what speed do the Spyker wheels appear to stand still? This is a question for a mathematician! What is the frame rate on YouTube, Fiona? Why do the other cars not show that phenomenon?
                  Last edited by amzamz; 10-06-2010, 16:41.

Comment

Originally posted by fiona View Post
                    Thought you might like to see a bit more footage of the Spykers at Dunsfold.
                    We sure do. Thanks for this great footage.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                      At what speed do the Spyker wheels appear to stand still?
                      Let us do this step by step: Assume we have rear tyres like "265 / 30 ZR 19". They have a circumference of 1.957m. There are 10 spokes on a Spyker wheel. To move one spoke into the position of the next one, we would need to travel a distance of 1/10 of the circumference. That is every 0.1957m. If the frame rate of the video is 25 frames per second (and I am not sure it is), that gives 0.04s frame to frame.

The condition to "stand still" would be given by 0.1957/0.04 = 4.89 m/s or multiples thereof. That means, we should be able to observe several "stand stills" during the acceleration of a Spyker, namely at 17.6, 35.2, 52.8, 70.5, 88.1, 105.7, 123.3, 140.9, 158.5, 176.1, 193.7 or 211.4 km/h etc.

I am still not 100 percent sure I understand why this phenomenon can be observed better on Spyker wheels than on other ones...
                      Last edited by amzamz; 17-10-2010, 10:05.

Comment

Ha! Well done, amzamz, very scientific! (Of course, if you are off by even a fraction . . . ) :lol:
                        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Let us do this step by step: Assume we have rear tyres like "265 / 30 ZR 19". They have a circumference of 1.957m. There are 10 spokes on a Spyker wheel. To move one spoke into the position of the next one, we would need to travel a distance of 1/10 of the circumference. That is every 0.1957m. If the frame rate of the video is 25 frames per second (and I am not sure it is), that gives 0.04s frame to frame.

The condition to "stand still" would be given by 0.1957/0.04 = 4.89 m/s or multiples thereof. That means, we should be able to observe several "stand stills" during the acceleration of a Spyker, namely at 17.6, 35.2, 52.8, 70.5, 88.1, 105.7, 123.3, 140.9, 158.5, 176.1, 193.7 or 211.4 km/h etc.
                          I got about halfway through this and my head started to hurt!

Comment

... nice cuts, Fiona! At what speed do the Spyker wheels appear to stand still? This is a question for a mathematician! What is the frame rate on YouTube, Fiona? Why do the other cars not show that phenomenon?

It's done in the camera by using a very fast shutter speed, around 2000th or faster. You can see it on some of the other cars too and most notably on the helicopter rotor blades in the highlights video. I think the propellor spoke design of the Spyker wheels lends itself better to the effect than the other cars so it's more noticeable.

Comment

Oh and the frame rate was indeed 25 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                                I got about halfway through this and my head started to hurt!
                                ... don't worry. Exactly for that reason Spyker made the C8! It is much easier to handle than math, and a lot of fun, too! :lol::lol::lol:

Comment

Working...
                                X