Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would make a potential new SWB more exciting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all --

@reddingius -- Thanks for asking. Obviously we are keen to restart the Squadron activities but let's first make some customers happy with their Spyker C8 Aileron.
    Spyker Cars on Facebook // Spyker Cars on Instagram // Me on Instagram // Spyker Cars Owners & Enthusiasts on LinkedIn // Spyker Cars on DriveTribe

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
      As you see, the electric car project is not off the table yet. :lol:
      ... more seriously: something like that would be interesting. The Rimac apparently is now delivered to customers... but the price tag is prohibitive. A price in the range of a Spyker would be more attractive! (source). Official website is here. Just in case, here are the specs:

Power output: 1088 hp
      Torque: 1600 Nm from 0 to 6500 rpm
      Acceleration: 0-100 km/h 2,8 seconds
      Range: up to 600 km (realistic range – 500 km)
      Lateral g-force: 1.4 g
      Top speed somewhere North of 300km/h
      Weight-to-power ratio: 1.79 kg/hp
      Weight distribution: 42% front, 58% rear
      Attached Files
      Last edited by amzamz; 03-12-2012, 13:37.

Comment

Even though I think a proper sports car needs a proper exhaust note, I really think there is a market for full electric sports cars.

Sent from my Lumia 800

Comment

I recently went for a ride in the Porsche 918 Spyder development prototype at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Although that car is a hybrid, I did have the opportunity to experience it at speed in full electric mode. On the infield street course in particular, it was tremendously exciting. With the wind in my hair and the sound of the tires, etc., I simply did not miss the engine note. It certainly wasn't required for a thrilling experience. When the engine did spring to life, it was almost intrusive. The integration was very well done, and the car drove exactly the same as in full electric (only not limited to 90 mph). The biggest difference was that it was much harder to carry on a conversation in the car as we whipped around the track.

I think some form of electric boost is going to become common in sports cars. As battery technology improves, I expect we will see fully electric sports cars in due course.
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

That's interesting! But if I think about it you can be very right. The Lotus Elise SC Rijk had was also very quiet for a petrol engine (compared to other sports cars) and I didn't really miss it.

Comment

... check out today's news on Spyker and Victor Muller!
              "Ik zeg niets, anders dan dat het je zal verrassen,..." (source)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by amzamz; 01-02-2013, 09:28.

Comment

I know! I'm very excited about it! Autoblog.nl are being their cynical/negative/mud-throwing selves about it, but one must wonder if Spyker shouldn't focus on getting the Aileron on the road, instead of spending time and money on other models

Comment

... a SWB car at slighly lower cost, with a few more HP, would perhaps be the correct response to 2013? Let's see what exactly it is!

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                    A very interesting option would be to team up with Tesla. An electric Spyker! Tesla is Lotus related. Very boring body design... and an interesting engine concept. Not sure if Spyker would be as daring as a hundred years ago when they pioneered 4WD.

As for sound, a turbine like feeling would be an option. Perhaps a cleverly designed flywheel or vibrating blades (as in a clarinet or saxophone) ... Interesting for filing patents.. and really trendy.

(as posted in September 2012)
                    ... when I posted this, Tesla stock was at around 25$ ... how the world changes in just a few years! Now Spüyker is gone and Tesla stock is at 900$. Hmmm ...

Comment

Unfortunately I bought Spyker stock and not Tesla stock....
                      Rijk

Comment

Working...
                      X