Official Spyker Owner Forum

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Technical Q&A

Old 24-04-2013, 05:08
Spyker Enthusiast

Help: How to open C8 hood?

Hi friends,

I prepare to buy an used C8, however the previous owner lost the manual...
I have a question when I check C8 -- how 2 open hood....I know the question is rather stupid for newcomer....

Appreciate for the response....
Old 24-04-2013, 12:20
Spyker Enthusiast

Is there anyone??
Old 24-04-2013, 12:33
Spyker Owner #045

Location: Leighton Buzzard, Saarbrucken, Sochi, Villefranche-sur-Mer
... if it is a C8 Spyder, the engine can be seen through the trunk (which opens by a handle in the driver's door). The front opens using a handle under the dashboard, driver's side. The entire rear clam cannot be opend so easily. I have never done that myself. If you wanted to try, see here.
Old 24-04-2013, 12:43
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzamz View Post
... if it is a C8 Spyder, the engine can be seen through the trunk (which opens by a handle in the driver's door). The front opens using a handle under the dashboard, driver's side. The entire rear clam cannot be opend so easily. I have never done that myself. If you wanted to try, see here.
Thank you amzamz,
The front hood, is it ez to open? u mean there is a handle under the dashboard of the driver side? could u pls do me a favor to mark its position in a picture sample?

Highly appreciate~
Old 24-04-2013, 13:21
Spyker Owner #207 (former owner #107)

Trainer,

I hope you will buy a Spyker. They are truly special cars.

The front clam shell opens by first pulling the leaver in the foot well, and then, by hand, pull upen the clamshell at the windshield. You might need to use two people to pull it up. I think the handle is supposed to release two locks. If one is stuck, you might have to pull the handle again until you hear a click. Don't force it if not both sides are released.

I can pull up my clamshell by myself, from the driver side, but because these are hand built cars, the car you are looking at might be different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (782.5 KB, 3 views)

Old 24-04-2013, 13:23
Spyker Owner #207 (former owner #107)

One more thing, first time opening, I would leave the doors closed. Once you can confirm that everything is in the proper alignment, it can be done with the doors closed or open, but it is very tight....

Old 24-04-2013, 19:42
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
Trainer,

The front clam shell opens by first pulling the leaver in the foot well, and then, by hand, pull upen the clamshell at the windshield. You might need to use two people to pull it up. I think the handle is supposed to release two locks. If one is stuck, you might have to pull the handle again until you hear a click. Don't force it if not both sides are released.

I can pull up my clamshell by myself, from the driver side, but because these are hand built cars, the car you are looking at might be different.
Wow! Highly appreciate spyker expert! How particular the illustration!!!
Old 24-04-2013, 19:58
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
Trainer,

Wow! How particular!!! Highly appreciate spyker expert!