Official Spyker Owner Forum

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Off Topic

Old 13-01-2009, 19:34
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
I did not took these shots myself but would like to share the here, great shots don’t you think!? This time of the year gives great photo opportunities.scramble.nl/forum (Pictures made by nustyR)
The shots look great! But....how can the moon be so big in the picture? Has the picture been processed?

Anyways, nice thread you have started here. Wouter, your shot of the stadium chairs is brilliant! Very nice pattern. I love it when this comes out of very straightforward things.

Here's a few old ones

Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009 at 22:32.
Old 13-01-2009, 22:45
Spyker Owner #207 (former owner #107)

I did not make this picture.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 023_image024.jpg (110.5 KB, 6 views)

Old 13-01-2009, 22:47
Spyker Enthusiast

Nevertheless a great picture Rijk.thanks for sharing I had to look twice to see where the shadows were comming from
Old 13-01-2009, 22:49
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucciali View Post
The shots look great! But....how can the moon be so big in the picture? Has the picture been processed?
I donít think these the pictures have been processed. The reason for the moon being so big in these photos is because the pictures were made using a long-focus lens (telelens). Probable a 400mm lens or even bigger.
Old 13-01-2009, 23:28
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
I donít think these the pictures have been processed. The reason for the moon being so big in these photos is because the pictures were made using a long-focus lens (telelens). Probable a 400mm lens or even bigger.
I also think these pictures have been post processed, but so what, they look great and all the pics whe see in the magazines have been processed in photoshop.
Old 14-01-2009, 07:10
Spyker Enthusiast

New day, new picture. 308 GTB QV in Maranello.

Old 14-01-2009, 11:59
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterps View Post
I also think these pictures have been post processed, but so what, they look great and all the pics whe see in the magazines have been processed in photoshop.
Oh, but don't get me wrong, I think photo processing is part of the whole process.
I was just thinking about whether you could really get the moon so big on your photo, whether zooming in had created that picture. I have no experience (yet) with zoom lenses, but I am certainly intrigued.
Old 14-01-2009, 16:39
Spyker Owner #007

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
I did not make this picture.....
Google Earth picture of Zebraīs?
Old 14-01-2009, 23:33
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker 007 View Post
Google Earth picture of Zebraīs?
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucciali View Post
Oh, but don't get me wrong, I think photo processing is part of the whole process.
I was just thinking about whether you could really get the moon so big on your photo, whether zooming in had created that picture. I have no experience (yet) with zoom lenses, but I am certainly intrigued.
Well it could be, sometimes in the afternoon the Moon is pretty big. But the combination with the plane is almost impossible, it would be very difficult to catch them both in one picture. And after looking at the photo again you can see that the surface of the moon (landscape) is diffrent in both pics. I don't think that makes sence
Old 15-01-2009, 00:23
Spyker Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterps View Post
Well it could be, sometimes in the afternoon the Moon is pretty big. But the combination with the plane is almost impossible, it would be very difficult to catch them both in one picture. And after looking at the photo again you can see that the surface of the moon (landscape) is diffrent in both pics. I don't think that makes sence
The combination moon and plane is plausible. I have some similar pictures. Made 10 years ago using a 300mm lens, unfortunately these pictures are slides…so don’t ask me to proof it… . Because I used only 300mm the moon is not this big.

After bringing family to Schiphol Airport at 4 in the morning I noticed the moon was very big. I found a spot near the runway where I could catch the moon and landing planes in one frame. Because the landing planes use a predictable rate of descend and the moon moves very slow it was not difficult to find a position were the planes and the moon came “together”.

I don’t know if the pictures are authentic but using a very big lens I think it is possible...