BMW i8 versus Tesla S P85D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW i8 versus Tesla S P85D

... did anyone consider the recent electric motors? BMW i8 versus Tesla S P85D. Looks like they are both in a reasonable price bracket, and get nice specs. However, I have no clue what other criteria may play a role. Any experience? Any opinion? Please discuss here... and give me clues...

Margaret has her eye in the i8. She is worried that it is too anemic for her driving style

Tesla has the power she likes, but is a very pedestrian car in styling. I worry mostly about driving radius, if you continually go 0-60 in 2.8 seconds....
    Rijk

Comment

... ah, is that why she isn't driving the Spyker very often? Too anaemic? :lol:

What do you think, couldn't Spykers be based on Tesla engineering? Would be a desirable combination, wouldn't it? Give a hint to Victor! I want one soon!

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
        ... ah, is that why she isn't driving the Spyker very often? Too anaemic? :lol:

What do you think, couldn't Spykers be based on Tesla engineering? Would be a desirable combination, wouldn't it? Give a hint to Victor! I want one soon!
        Come to think of it. The SWB C8 could be redesigned with the batteries in the door sills. The fuel cells in the door sills are making the SWB illegal in the US. But putting batteries in the door sills should be fine. The point of gravity remains low enough to work.

I would totally love the 2.8 sec for 0-60mph
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          Come to think of it. The SWB C8 could be redesigned with the batteries in the door sills. The fuel cells in the door sills are making the SWB illegal in the US. But putting batteries in the door sills should be fine. The point of gravity remains low enough to work.

I would totally love the 2.8 sec for 0-60mph
          Could get rid of the radiators too (to solve the A/C issue), and mount a small v-twin generator as well as batteries in the engine bay.

I like the i8 and the i3 for that matter. The first BMW since the 3.0Csi that I've liked!!

Comment

Rear drive only? 700LB of batteries, minus 200LB for tanks, minus 200LB for Audi engine and gearbox minus 50LB for cooling system. Larger trunk and room for a real convertible roof....
            Rijk

Comment

Working...
            X