Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORD GT Rally and Texas Mile

Some from the Texas Mile and GT Rally.

This Porsche spin at 3/4 mark of the Mile at 201MPH did 3 full rotation to the mile marker.

This was a truck that flip around the 1/4 mile mark 2000hp lost control.

Twin Turbo Gallardo making 1200 whp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ec777/s...7622483166419/

http://texasmile.net/

Comment

Eric , increadible pics. Sorry I missed going down there with you guys. I was out of the country again. Maybe I can hit Coffee and Cars with you though.

Comment

Some very nice pics

Comment

Very nice pictures
          That Ford GT is really magnificent
          Olav

Instagram
          https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

indeed, the ford gt's are amazing. What happened to the second porsche? Is that the tuned one, that lost it's roof window?
            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Can you tell me more about this "Texas Mile"? Never heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrleed View Post
                Eric , increadible pics. Sorry I missed going down there with you guys. I was out of the country again. Maybe I can hit Coffee and Cars with you though.
                Hey Doug, Yeah you need to stop working so much and take a break..
                :lol:
                The next Cars and Coffee is Saturday Nov 7th. So hopefully you make it out.

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                Some very nice pics
                Originally posted by Aiglos91 View Post
                Very nice pictures
                That Ford GT is really magnificent
                Thanks guys!

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                indeed, the ford gt's are amazing. What happened to the second porsche? Is that the tuned one, that lost it's roof window?
                The one with the chute pulled is the one that went off track at the end of the mile, nothing dramatic. This one black one is another Evolution Motor Sports Porsche that lost it at the 3/4 mile mark. The guy sat in the car in the grass of the Mile mark after spinning 3 times then drove off.

Turns out that wasn't his car, it was a customers car and the owner of the car called after that to check on the car out of pure coincidence.

Overview
                The Texas Mile has grown rapidly since our inaugural event in October 2003. Participants come from all edges of the United States, Canada and Mexico to test themselves and their motorized equipment on the fastest and most challenging 1-mile track in the world. They achieve their top speed in 1-Mile and shut down in a 1/2-Mile. This bi-annual Motorsports Festival is created for performance enthusiast - Welcoming Motorcycles, Performance Street Cars, Race Cars and Land Speed Racers.

Spectators enjoy seeing the cars and motorcycles on the track and visiting with the participants in the paddock. There are onsite concessions to enjoy while at the event. For more details, see the rules and regulations section for participants and spectators.

Get off the highway and come out to The Texas Mile. It is like running on a straight 1 1/2 mile section of open highway without the fear of tickets and jail time. A High Speed Shoot-out and Land Speed Racing Venue that compares to the likes of the infamous Bonneville that beckons one to "Drive in Your World, Race in Ours"!
                It's becoming the big event and other places are starting to organize events like the Miami Mile.

Comment

Is this conducted at an airstrip, or some other type of high speed oval?

Speaking of such things, I remember Car and Driver and Road and Track over the years doing some high speed tests (200mph+) at a place called TRC or TRD or something, Transportation Research something, it was like a 4 or so mile oval, somewhere in Ohio. Does anybody know if this place still exists? Seems like it would be a good place for an event like this.

Comment

No, no oval. Just a flat out mile with half mile asphalt runoff and then endless amount of grass after that.

I had a friend put my photos together.

Comment

That is kinda scary!
                      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
                      X