X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
    #8 VW Käfer
    Hi Hans,

Glad to see a VW made it into the Top 10!

I'm afraid I don't have much to contribute as far as my Top 10 cars are concerned since I just drove 2 VWs to work for 35 years. However, I guess my 1965 bug would have to be my #3 favorite and my 1970 bug would have to be my #2 favorite, leading me to my #1 favorite:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott Triplitt; 29-10-2016, 21:18.
    Scott

Comment

That is so out there. I like all three cars
      Rijk

Comment

I guess my "van den Hengel" BMW 2.7i is next. A Dutch version of the Alpina 2.7i. I cannot find a picture. Hans, do you have one?
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          Hans, do you have one?
          No, sorry

Comment

My first car, age 18- the infamous VW Dasher...
            in this very color- vomit green...
            I bought it for $500.00 and used it until it started falling apart.. quite literally..
            no gas gauge, drivers side door wouldn't open, wind would blow and I'd be in the next lane.. it was trying to kill me..
            but lovely memories.. I bought it with money I made myself.. I loved that car.
            Kurt.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
              My first car, age 18- the infamous VW Dasher...
              in this very color- vomit green...
              I bought it for $500.00 and used it until it started falling apart.. quite literally..
              no gas gauge, drivers side door wouldn't open, wind would blow and I'd be in the next lane.. it was trying to kill me..
              but lovely memories.. I bought it with money I made myself.. I loved that car.
              Kurt.
              There is no better car, than the first one you paid for yourself
              Rijk

Comment

The Van den Hengel was an E21 323i with an enlarged engine to make it a 327i. Looked something like this one.
                Attached Files
                Rijk

Comment

#7 Pocket rocket, Daihatsu Charade GTti
                  Attached Files

Comment

my #7 and #8 would be BMW 330i convertible, black. The first one (2007-11) caught fire on a parking lot, the 2nd one I am still driving (2011-16). Both had tow hooks. Excellent combination of several qualities, family compatible, sun lover vehicle, fit for mountains, small size (good for narrow streets and parking), motorway <240km/h (in Winter just <210km/h), ... the 1st one got to 260,000km and the 2nd one now stands at 310,000km.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by amzamz; 30-10-2016, 20:40.

Comment

OK. My #29 is a Jaguar XJR-S. Only last because I never got to drive it! Bought on ebay for the sole purpose of doing a 1980's Grand European Car Tour with some friends; but it didn't get through the pre-tour check - corrosion to the subframes too far gone.... but another XJS appears later on.
                      Attached Files

Comment

#28 Vauxhall Viva - my then girlfriend (now my wife) let me have this. For very good reason - it had NO redeeming features - it was slow, hated corners, noisy and didn't even have a good heater.
                        Attached Files

Comment

#6 Another VW. This time the Golf Cabrio. Drove more than 100.000 miles with it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
                            #28 Vauxhall Viva - my then girlfriend (now my wife) let me have this. For very good reason - it had NO redeeming features - it was slow, hated corners, noisy and didn't even have a good heater.
                            It probably singlehandedly made you leave the UK:lol::lol::lol:
                            Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                              #6 Another VW. This time the Golf Cabrio. Drove more than 100.000 miles with it.
                              I think that was your first cabrio?
                              Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                                I think that was your first cabrio?
                                It was. Really loved that car. It was also our wedding car

Comment

Working...
                                X