Max has a learners permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max has a learners permit

Our son Max is now 16 years old and just got his learners permit. He aced the theory section. He can drive with an adult next to him. He's in heaven...
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Super, Rijk! My son Gordon is also 16 and has a provisional license. In May, he will be able to get a full license and carry passengers. He is very excited indeed.
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

New York City has the age set at 18, and requires official lessons. Long Island starts at 17.

Max, all of a sudden, is happy that we have this Upstate NY place, and not in the Hamptons Non of his class mates have a learners permit.
      Rijk

Comment

I'll bet. And he's getting some good ice and snow training right away. That is a great set of foundational skills for driving.

Comment

Congrats. Max is probably happy he doesn't live in the Netherlands either (18 is the legal age as well).
          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Max, parking the Ferrari. He has been practicing the F1 paddles in the Saab, so he is ready for a real drive next weekend
            Attached Files
            Rijk

Comment

Max appears to be making excellent progress!

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                Max, parking the Ferrari. He has been practicing the F1 paddles in the Saab, so he is ready for a real drive next weekend
                Max,
                Let me help you with some memorable quotes, you will need very soon.

First off remember this, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.
                -Ferris

He knows the milage Ferris. So, whatever miles we put on, we'll take off. How? We'll drive home backwards!

he never drives it. He just rubs it with a diaper.

Max,asked for a car, He got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?

Comment

Yesterday, Max and I did a college vist tour in upstate New York. We drove almost 400 miles in the 430, and Max drove almost half of that. He was very happy
                  Rijk

Comment

When will Max start posting?

When will Max start posting?

Originally posted by panoz1 View Post
                    Max,
                    Let me help you with some memorable quotes, you will need very soon.

First off remember this, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.
                    -Ferris

He knows the milage Ferris. So, whatever miles we put on, we'll take off. How? We'll drive home backwards!

he never drives it. He just rubs it with a diaper.

Max,asked for a car, He got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?

Comment

Max may understand the benefits to be conferred by higher education now, but if he can drive a Ferrari without going to college, this newfound insight may remain abstract.

In fact, he may abandon aspirations towards higher eduction altogether in favor of staying home to help drive dad around.

Comment

.. it is all still undecided. However, once Max gets his hands on the Spyker, I am sure OnTheLam will be right! :lol:

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

Arriving back upstate, closing the roof.
                            Attached Files
                            Rijk

Comment

Working...
                            X