#090 - C8 Spyder - Blue / Beige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #090 - C8 Spyder - Blue / Beige

To be OFFERED AT AUCTION at RM's Sports & Classics of Monterey event, August 12-14, 2010

VIN number: XL9AA11GO6Z363090
    Model Year: 2006
    Mileage: unknown (I'll check again when full catalogue description is available)
    Exterior color: Blue (I'll check again when full catalogue description is available in order to get the exact color)
    Interior color: Beige (I'll check again when full catalogue description is available in order to get the exact color)

#090_to be auctioned at RM august 2010_1.jpg #090_to be auctioned at RM august 2010_2.jpg #090_to be auctioned at RM august 2010_3.jpg
    #090_to be auctioned at RM august 2010_4.jpg #090_to be auctioned at RM august 2010_5.jpg #090_to be auctioned at RM august 2010_6.jpg

Link
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Stephan, you beat me to it! Just saw this one today myself and I was just checking to see if we had a thread for it yet! Nice find.

Comment

... nice photos! I like the reflections on the floor.

Comment

Full auction description:

2006 Spyker C8 Spyder

To be offered at auction

Chassis No. XL9AA11GO6Z363090

400 bhp, 4,172 cc, mid-rear mounted Audi V8 engine with aluminum bock and heads, dual overhead camshafts, five valves per cylinder, variable valve timing and electronic sequential-port fuel injection, Getrag six-speed manual gearbox in rear transaxle, four-wheel independent suspension with upper and lower A-arms, pushrods with inboard Koni shocks, coil springs and anti-roll bars, and four-wheel, ventilated and slotted hydraulic disc brakes with ABS. Wheelbase: 101.4"

- From an important private collection
        - Aircraft-inspired styling with Spyker heritage
        - Audi V8 performance
        - Virtually new, less than 400 actual miles

Heralded by the slogan Nulla tenaci invia est via, meaning, For the tenacious, no road is impassable, Hollands Spyker reemerged as an automobile constructor in October 2000. Debuted at the Birmingham Motor Show, the radical C8 Spyder was a complete stylistic departure from anything that preceded it yet skillfully recalled Spykers early background in both aircraft and automobile production.

Notable design elements included fuselage-type styling, rear cannon-port vents, a prominent wide grille intake, a propeller-inspired steering wheel, an engine-turned dash insert and more. With a race-bred, fully independent suspension, six-speed gearbox and 400-horsepower, 4.2-liter Audi V8 engine, the C8 Spyder is in many ways a modern road-going counterpart to the sleek, piston-engine warbirds of WWII fame.

The C8 was approved for importation into the United States in 2005. Road & Track editors were among the first to comprehensively test its considerable performance capabilities. Noting the exposed and polished shift linkage for the six-speed manual gearbox with its positive and precise action, R & T testers described it as the 6-speed shifter equivalent to the exposed inner mechanicals of a Frederique Constant timepiece.

Once underway, The gearbox feels precise, its closely machined tolerances achieving the sensation of positive engagement without being notchy. The R & T testers continued, The C8s pedal cluster architecture is a machinists masterwork, appearing as if it could have been transplanted directly from an open-wheeler, while The non-boosted brakeswork like a combination of an anchor and drag chute to bring this 3,000-lb. sports car to a halt upon command. Although it was suited to smoother roads, R & T pronounced the C8 a true drivers car with its combination of quick steering, balance and neutral handling with some throttle-induced over-steer, easily provoked by the 400-horsepower Audi V8.

With 60 mph achieved from rest in 4.4 seconds and in just two gear changes, it is clear that Spykers design team achieved their design objectives with the C8. Finished in Metallic Blue with a tan leather interior, this 2006 C8 Spyder comes from a large private automobile collection and is like new in appearance, with no visible flaws in evidence and less than 400 miles from new. In short, this limited-production C8 Spyder is one of the most visually and viscerally thrilling supercars ever built. It is both a superb example and a fantastic opportunity for the true driving enthusiast.
        Last edited by F Spider; 22-04-2023, 22:31.

Comment

Looks like Royal Blue over Pharaoh, to be precise.

Comment

RM AUCTIONS
            Veilingprimeur Spyker C8 Spyder - Autovisie.nl - autonieuws, autovideo's, autoreviews, nieuwe auto's [Nieuws]

Estimate:
            $150,000-$200,000 US

Seems a bit high?

Comment

Definitely a bit high, but this is simply the auction house trying to manage the price. My guess is that it will sell for between $150-160K.

p.s. one of the best write-ups I've read on the car

Comment

Was it sold?

Comment

yes, for 125,000 USD excluding RM auction's fee
                  The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

So the estimate was indeed a bit too high

Comment

What are auction fees these days?

Comment

image_8377.jpg With fees $137,500... rumor has it, the new owner is a neighbor of #083
                        Last edited by F Spider; 22-04-2023, 22:30.

Comment

Originally posted by METHOMAS View Post
                          With fees $137,500... rumor has it, the new owner is a neighbor of #083
                          neighbor...!? Than it's easy for the new owner to organise a smal Spyker driving event..
                          Last edited by F Spider; 22-04-2023, 22:30.

Comment

Somebody put in touch with the new owner then, and I'll reach out.
                            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

For sale

Comment

Working...
                              X