#007 - C8 Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
    She's only been out, to Zeewolde, for a cambelt service.
    Why did it need a cambelt service

And, is that an "engine out" procedure?
    Rijk

Comment

This one does not have the Chronoswiss gauges. Are you sure it's the 007?
      Rijk

Comment

• I think these were added later.
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          Why did it need a cambelt service

And, is that an "engine out" procedure?
          Hi Rijk!

#007 is MY2005. Audi recommends changing cambelts every 5 years. Because the cambelt side of the engine is very close to the firewall the belts get very hot. (In a A8 the engine and belts are cooled by driving wind)
          For this reason Spyker recommends changing the belts every 3 years as a precaution, thus 2008.

It is a "engine out" procedure.
          They have the engine out of the car within the hour. Pretty quick!
          (My Porsche 911 took 1,5 hours for the engine to be taken out to adjust valves)

Is #107 MY2006?

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          This one does not have the Chronoswiss gauges. Are you sure it's the 007?
          The Chronoswiss was a 2006 upgrade for Victor.
          #007 started life with the white dials.
          And #007 is the only (early 'sleak' body) aubergine demo/show car.

Jeffrey
          Last edited by Spyker 007; 24-01-2009, 11:10.

Comment

Thanks!

The last picture with #006 (or #009??) is very cool!!

Ther must be more..

Jeffrey
            That's not #006/#009 but #046 the first C8 Spyder GT2R
            http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...-squadron.html

Comment

• Another #007??? Just found this article:
              Logistiek.nl - Logistiek in Spykerschrift

With an interesting (Dutch) quote:
              Spyker kan verschillende bekende persoonlijkheden tot haar cliëntèle rekenen, zoals de bekende Amerikaanse rapper Busta Rhymes. In 2003 heeft hij een Spyder gekocht maar er nul kilometer mee gereden, omdat het de Europese versie van de Spyder betrof. Nu wil hij diezelfde auto helemaal opnieuw laten opbouwen volgens de Amerikaanse richtlijnen, want hij wil hetzelfde chassisnummer houden. ‘Zijn chassisnummer is namelijk 007’, verklaart Vergunst.
              Or do you have the ex-Busta Rhymes car?

Comment

• Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                Another #007??? Just found this article:
                Logistiek.nl - Logistiek in Spykerschrift

With an interesting (Dutch) quote:

Or do you have the ex-Busta Rhymes car?
                Busta Rhymes may have ordered a Spyker in 2003 and may have wanted #007 in 2004, but did not get it......

There's no question our car is #007 (car papers and factory documentation).

What happend after this article was published is a bit ironic...

Hans van Rennes told us Busta Rhymes had bought a Spyker and needed it for a friends 'Look at MY car'-party, as his was not delivered yet.
                #007, as the factory show car, on her way to Florida made a quick stopover in New York as a SHOW car for this party.
                This was Jan 2005.

So, after this article he did "own" #007 for a day.

Don't get these two stories mixed up or you'll get confused.

#007 in Florida (Jan 2005): http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/2387-post34.html
                (The Spyker lettering in the dooropening is not even on the car yet. A Purple MY2005 car with side indicators must be #007)

Comment

• So it was your car that was present at the 'Look at MY car'-party

Nice story! Do you know if Busta Rhymes still has his Spyker?

Comment

• Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                    So it was your car that was present at the 'Look at MY car'-party

Nice story! Do you know if Busta Rhymes still has his Spyker?
                    The story I told is mentioned in this article (ctrl+F on Busta in the article):
                    MotorSportsCenter.com.

Rap/hip-hop star Busta Rhymes managed to find his way to the Spyker factory in Holland, creating quite a stir among the mellow Dutch with his entourage. Busta was thoroughly impressed with the car and soon made a purchase. In a scramble, Spyker rearranged the paperwork on their show car and got Mr. Rhymes the keys for an annual hip-hop car show taking place in New York. Mr. Rhymes’ beautiful new exotic made a huge impression sitting amidst the Lamborghini Diablo/Hummer-studded field and won a prestigious design award.

#007......

I don't know if Busta Rhymes still owns a Spyker....

Comment

• So you have a real hip-hop car

Comment

• Originally posted by ax lover View Post
                        so you have a real hip-hop car :d
                        yo!! LOL
                        Last edited by Spyker 007; 07-03-2009, 18:30.

Comment

• #007 had her first 2009 drive today (since service 11-2008).
                          All worked well. With the hardtop on because we missed the sunshine.

We were followed by a Skoda Octavia on the highway who REALLY wanted to have a closer look!!!
                          His girlfriend was almost literaly sitting on top of the dash as he drove behind us.

Jeffrey

Comment

• Thought these video´s featuring #007 should also be in the thread:

Spyker fabrieksbezoek (1) - Carros TV
                            3:50minutes in the film.
                            #007 getting it´s shake down. (october 2007)

RTL Autowereld Search
                            It's the episode: -Bezoek aan Spyker 27 oktober 2006- : Allard Kalf driving #007 (2:33 min)
                            Last edited by Spyker 007; 11-03-2009, 22:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                              Jeffrey, here is what I have from the 2004 Peking to Paris challenge.

Do you know when your little purple darling received the '007' badge, the Chronoswiss stopwatches, and the special Spyker commemorative plate?
                              Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                              And the last three. Thought I had much more though.
                              This chinese 'aubergine/tan' car would be #018.

Seen in person as this car is currently being prepared in Zeewolde. (Visited today)

Comment

• #007 had her first run this year with the top off!

Lovely sunshine, met up with some nice people (Ferrari's and a bored out TVR) and had a perfect day. (except for a trafficjam )

I'll try fo post some pictures tomorrow.

Jeffrey

Comment

Working...
                                X