Brett

Finally. Congratulations
    Rijk

Comment

We need pics.
      Rijk

Comment

adda boy! first things first:
        1) Take the little key that came with it and PUT IT IN A SAFE PLACE.
        2) Take the luggage out and put it in a safe place that is climate controlled.
        3) ORDER that second remote!

Congrats man, I can't wait to hear your first story...

Dan

Comment

Congratulations!

I hope you will enjoy your Spyker to the full .

Looking forward to your stories and photographs
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Congratulations! You must feel so proud now

Now we want to hear driving experiences and see lots of pictures.

Comment

Congrats! Looking forward to the pictures!

Comment

Here you go

So, it was dark last night by the time they unloaded the car from the carrier. Quite a piece of theater the way they did that. Backing a 75 foot semi out of my cul-de-sac was a spectacle as well. I have a very steep drive, but angling the car makes it work. We managed to get the soft top folded down (about 35 minutes), where it will stay. The battery in the key fob appears to be dead. All else is perfectly functional. Had a crowd here last night for a party, so everyone had a good time watching and covering the car with fingerprints.

I took it for a first drive this morning, and I am still grinning. Just enough to get a feel for weight transfer, handling dynamics and to orient to the buttons and switches. It drew a crowd on its first outing. One onlooker knew it was Dutch...impressive. Can't wait to get out again, likely this evening.

My exhilaration meter is off the charts. I have never driven a more thrilling car. After a light morning bath after the drive, I snapped these photos. Enjoy.

Comment

pix

Got a message the pictures are too big. Will reshoot and repost. Sorry to keep you on the edge of your seats.

Comment

Brett,

Did you get the little key that Dan was mentioning? They often forget to include it.
                    Rijk

Comment

One picture at a time should resize automatically.
                      Rijk

Comment

if you want, Brett, email me the pictures and I'll convert them to a smaller size. derickson@elementps.com. The battery on the FOB is easy to change but you will need a jeweler to do it (a watch battery guy works too). The battery shouldn't be dead... but, that is one more reason to spend the money for a second one. I hate being without the "automatic leg spreader" (as my friends call it). =)

one more thing... make sure you always put the highest octane fuel in it. 91 is the highest I can get without going race fuel and it works great, but 93-95 is wonderful. Avoid the temptation to buy race fuel at all costs. The HP gain is not noticable and often times that fuel is 'bad'.

Did you get a car cover with the car as well as the luggage? If not, get with your dealer and have them get that stuff to you.

I'm so happy for you that you enjoy the car. When you come to Phoenix I'll teach you how to put it into a controlled 360 while doing 60--in my car, of course =)

Dan

Comment

pix

i will have Hans or Dan resize. Thanks. I got two Audi keys, one martian key fob, one funky little key, and one Clifford alarm remote. I will order the new fob, too. I got the cover and luggage.

Comment

the funky one is the one you don't want to lose. If you haven't noticed, there is a small key slot right below the windshield. That key goes there to pop the door open in case you lock yourself out and/or kill the battery and need access to jump start the car. Incidentally, if you ever need to jump it (I left the lights one one day accidentally and there is not alarm for that--NOTE THAT CORPORATE) be advised that you should let the car sit there with cables on it for a good 10 minutes before attempting to start it.

Put one audi key with the little key and I don't know what to do with the Clifford. I don't think it even does anything--does it Rijk?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                              the Clifford. I don't think it even does anything--does it Rijk?
                              I have no idea, but then I never alarmed the car in the first place. Our weekend place is in an area where you don't need locks.

People around here say: "locks are to keep out the good people"
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X