Spyker D12 Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker D12 Available

Does Any One Know Of A D12 Available Any Where.

Hi SMC, what I know is that the productionversion of the D12 will be ready at the end of 2008 and that production will start in 2009.

Comment

As far as I know the first two that have been on shows are pre production models. Maybe - just a guess as I don't have inside info - the one that will be shown on the Geneva Motorshow next month will be the final version. Ready to go into production.

Comment

@SpykerOwner,

The first Black/Beige D12 (Geneva 2006) was a real protoype based on the chassis of a VW Touareg. The second D12 (Grey/Orange, Geneva 2007) was called a "pre-production"-model.

And about the introduction date of the real production SSUV Spyker said the following (on 29-09-2007):

The development of the SSUV Peking-to-Paris was continued with full focus but efforts to reduce its final cost price by utilizing more readily available components and parts have delayed its introduction to the market bt 12 months, with production being envisaged to start no sooner than Q4 2008
        At first the introduction was planned for Q4 '07 and now that is Q4 '08 and I guess that full production will not start before Q1 '09.

And that is not so strange if you take the following things in account. At first the car was developed to have the 6.0 W12 VAG engine but now they that Spyker decided not to use this engine they have to start looking for something else. And the biggest chance is that it will be an American engine. So they have to negotiate with GM or Chrysler to get a good deal and after that they have to redesign the mechanical part of the car.

A second problem is the production of the body. As you mighy know the body-in-white of the C8 models are made at Karmann. And at the moment Spyker is still doubting where the body of the SSUV will be build. And as far as I know there are three options:
        - Karmann
        - Coventry Prototype Panels (they also build the first D12 and first C8 models)
        - An American company

Because of the cheap dollar Spyker wants to use a lot of parts that are sourced from the USA, because this will make the cars cheaper to produce. But finding somebody to produce the body is only step 1. After that the production lines have to be build and that is not something you do in a short period of time.

And have you seen any prototypes on the road of the SSUV? Spyker has to test the car but since they don't even know which engine they are going to use that is still almost impossible.

So my guess is that the white SSUV we will see in Geneva this year hopefully will have the new American engine and after that they can start developing the car properly.

PS Maybe it is a good idea to move this discussion to this thread?
        http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...ing-paris.html

Comment

Many Thanks to all.
          Can you keep me up todate.

Comment

Originally posted by SMC View Post
            Many Thanks to all.
            Can you keep me up todate.
            When you keep visiting that should be covered A few of us will also attend the Geneva Motorshow next month. May we will have more info then.

Comment

SMC,

There is a waiting list. If you want to pre-order, I suggest not to wait too long.
              Rijk

Comment

Working...
              X