Spyker at the Geneva motor show 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
    @ Dutchdude: In previous brochures, Spyker most of the times described the VIN numbers of the cars that are on the photographs. Is this also the case with this Aileron brochure? Maybe all photographs are of the pre-production models #250 till #255 but maybe the one that is at the Geneva show is also in?
    As well as the brochure and the pricelist are on base of the white Aileron (at Geneva Autosalon). Almost all pictures are from that car (2 not). There is no description of a VIN number.
    I can ask if Spyker also has a digital bruchure to publish it on this forum.

Dutchdude
    Spykerowner #141
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
      Looks like #25*. Last digit could be a 6,8 or 9. But that C after the middle indicates that it's not the VIN of the #254 we used to know. Any more pictures?
      That C is in the position where normally the Z is i.e. C(oventry) instead of Z(eewolde) So that makes this the first non XL9 Spyker...
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Geneva car has a huge subwoofer at the passenger side footwell:

Click image for larger version

Name:	5497292153_3219fdac66_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	63315
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

I booked my flight this week for Geneva 2012. € 48 for a roundtrip

Comment

... weird photo related to Geneva 2011. See here.
            Attached Files

Comment

Last Thursday I visited the Geneva Motorshow. Really missed Spyker this year and hope to see Hans and Peter next time I visit.

I was invited by Morgan Cars and had a great time at their stand. I have always liked Morgans. Simply because these are cars you still have to work in. Funny thing is that I don't fit in the largest Morgan (the Aero Coupe), but I do fit in the 4/4 and even more surprising: I fit in the 3 wheeler. I am totally in love with the 3 wheeler and would love to own one.

[ATTACH]11245[/ATTACH]

For the rest of the show I like the Fisker Karma more and more (nice attention for detail in the interior ). I have a bit of mixed feelings about the new Ferrari F12berlinetta. Great car, but some of the exterior design aspects are a bit over designed.

Comment

I am not so sure About the 3 wheeler Morgan but also love the Fisker Karma.

Comment

... the Morgan is probably a lot of fun! Haven't taken the offer of test driving one yet... I am also quite sure it is very windy, wet, you will kiss mud and flies. If it is anywhere near the cornering ability of the "classic 3 wheeler" Morgan, it should beat every Ferrari in a hillclimb race! (But you need a second passenger of the same weight... )
                  Attached Files

Comment

That is one wild-looking car! I wonder how it drives? Someone drive one and let us know!
                    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

The morgan was in the 6th episode of this season's Top Gear. You can check it out here
                      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Thanks, will do!

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                          That is one wild-looking car!
                          The design is inspirated by the famous Spitfire fighter plane of WWII, hence the (optional) graphics. But intrument cluster, switches and so on also hint to the Spitfire.

Here's Jay Leno driving the 3 Wheeler:

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Jay gave it quite a good review -- I note that some of the things he liked about it are equally true of Spyker - the wind in your hair, having more fun at lower speeds, fewer tickets, and . . . the girls will come talk to you over the Ferrari owner.

Comment

Working...
                            X