Quick update on 086 shop work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick update on 086 shop work...

Only because I know each of you are just dying to know the status of 086 (:lol and only if it might help others, I thought I'd let you know what's happening...work is not complete and its only been at MMC a few hrs, so much of what's here is only from a very quick conversation between my service guy, Bachir (my new BFF/mechanic) and Vinny, so I'm pretty certain I've lost a few things in translation!...here's where we stand:

o Check Engine light on - seems like foiled coils (no pun intended!) and jives with Vinny's earlier question to me about did I just get the car detailed (yes). Not sure if they are doing coil covers or if this is even the real problem (could this be the same problem that Dan indicates at bottom of this message??)

o Door lifts - new, stronger lifts now in place

o O-rings - new rings now in place.

o Ragtop - waiting on replacement.

o Rear view mirror damage - new mirror on order.

o Squeeking noise on driver's side - Bachir taking for a test drive.

o Headlights - on order and should arrive shortly.

o Rear engine compartment release - only worked manually and may require a part to work with the key fob.

All in all, the guys at MMC and Vinny have been all over the car and hey, can't complain too much about the Cayenne loaner.

Estimates are that I should have my baby back in 3-4 days.

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
    If your Spyker does not have have "spyker" covers over the engine you will have the following problem:

Drive in rain for 3 minutes. Those slits on top of the engine bay leak water--a lot. The coils are not protected. The first time I drove 3 miles from my work to my office in moderate rain. The next morning I had the check engine light on and it felt WAY underpowered. I hooked up my OBD II port scanner (everyone should have at least one of these) and got misfire codes. I brought it in and found out that I fouled two coils.

About a two weeks after that repair I did the same thing. Again, two fouled coils. Spyker then created some REALLY nice covers (I'll post pics soon) to protect the coils. Ever since then--no problems.

I was shocked when I got 152 that it did NOT have the covers. I would have expected Spyker to put them on every car. This apparently is NOT the case. If you plan to drive in the rain let your contact know that you want the same covers that Dan Erickson has and they will know what you are talking about. These things look awesome and make the engine look like a Spyker engine versus an Audi.

Dan

OK, I'm jealous, particularly if you get your roof in 3-4 days!

Justice
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
      OK, I'm jealous, particularly if you get your roof in 3-4 days!

Justice
      NO way on roof in 3-4 days!...that was just for majority of repairs

Comment

Thought so.

Comment

Sorry, one add:

o I noticed that each time I drove 086, I would see some residue around the coolant tank (chubby little cylinder). I would clean off what looked like water each time only to find more residue the next time I took the car out for a spin.

MMC thinks its a bad cap on the top of the tank that's not sealing properly.

p.s. I also just learned that that even that little tank is hand made!!

Comment

Mods: if you want to move to "Owners Section" fine for me (meant to put it there to begin with!).

Comment

Hey Paul, I was at MMC yesterday dropping my car off for some issues too and had a chance to see your fine looking #086, very nice indeed. I am also getting the sound system any radar detector/laser jammers installed. They will have my car for about a week.... looking forward to getting her back already.

Comment

Originally posted by jpcourt View Post
                Hey Paul, I was at MMC yesterday dropping my car off for some issues too and had a chance to see your fine looking #086, very nice indeed. I am also getting the sound system any radar detector/laser jammers installed. They will have my car for about a week.... looking forward to getting her back already.
                Thanks Joe!...was talking to Michael Angelo today and he was talking about having "some guy's Spyker there today". I told him tell Joe I said hello!

Trying to get into the city in the next few days to check out the install...sounds very nice!...PM me on costs and on what setup you got.

Comment

Originally posted by jpcourt View Post
                  Hey Joe: just saw the initial build on your sound system and it will indeed be stunning. Even the speaker grills are handmade and are very cool. Also looks like you may have the most "accessorized" Spyker I've seen:lol:

p.s. car looks brilliant in white. If you and I do a road trip, it will look like ebony and ivory Spykers

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                    p.s. car looks brilliant in white. If you and I do a road trip, it will look like ebony and ivory Spykers
                    And you can make beautiful B&W pictures

Comment

p.s. just put my SPYKER plates on the car. Even with that, every other person says "hey, who makes that car!"

Comment

I like when they drive up behind you and you can see their lips move in the rear view mirror, sounding out "Spyker" as they peer at the logo on the back of the car . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                          Hey Joe: just saw the initial build on your sound system and it will indeed be stunning. Even the speaker grills are handmade and are very cool. Also looks like you may have the most "accessorized" Spyker I've seen:lol:

I can't wait until I get her back... its been in the audio shop for a week now and I just might have to run down and take a peek at it myself. I hope to have it over to MMC by Tuesday so I probably wont get it back until Friday, but I hope sooner. I will take detailed pictures of the Audio and Radar detector install when I get her back.

Comment

Working...
                          X