Any issues on 2006 C8's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any issues on 2006 C8's?

As I get ready to make an offer on a 2006 C8 Spyder I was wondering if someone could share what might be some of the issues to look out for?

I have the option to buy a truly used one (low mileage) or one that is still technically "new" with full warranty. What sort of issues have there been - if any - and are there any expensive situations that make a warranty really worth going for the much more expensive "new" one?

I'm fine with minor issues you'll always get with a handmade car (I own a Bentley) but am more interested in major issues that'll cost a lot.

Thanks

There are some differences inside of the 06 model year. Two vents in the dashboard are early 06's. The three vent cars have a slew of updates.

I had my 06 updated to 08 specs, and am quite happy with that.

It is important to get some kind of warrantee, to sort out the unavoidable little issues that come with any second hand exotic.

Once I had mine sorted, my Spyker has been very low maintenance. Keep the fluids in, and the Audi components are bulletproof.
    Rijk

Comment

spyker-c8-upgrades

Hey Matthew,

This thread could be interesting for you to read. We tried to make a list of all upgrades the C8 SWB has got sinds it was introduced.

Thread: spyker-c8-upgrades

Comment

Thanks - interesting to see the changes especially the varying number of vents. So are there are no 'known' problems out there - design weaknesses or recalls? Sounds good if not!

Comment

Nothing major, our press cars have over 15k on them, with no major service issues, they all have the original clutch, and have never had the engine out.

If you want to PM me with the details on the car you are looking for I can help you with history and options as well as any other info you might need.
          Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

I have 4,300 miles on now, and while Rijk is right about getting them sorted, there's nothing more significant than that to be concerned with.

Comment

no major issues

I have 55,000km on now (=34,100miles). No significant problems so far.

Comment

what should one expect to update from 2006 to 2008 specs?

how much should one expect to go from the 2 vent a/c to something that actually works?

Comment

From what I have been told, blowing the same amount of air through more holes is a very costly and very ineffective upgrade.

Comment

I will tell you, the heater works great! Limited experience with the AC as of yet.

Comment

I have driven across the country in the summer in an updated 2006 and found the A/C to be great, obviously its much better with the top up.

Comment

... as a friend of classic cars, I would really avoid "updating" early cars. I regret that I don't have the 2005 vents anymore... The cars with chassis # below 70 are all individuals, and collectible for that reason. I see your point abouit A/C. I had my car in Spain and Italy, and I drove it either less than an hour, during the colder season, high up in the mountains, or in the early morning / evenings. I have no experience with the roof up, because mine is never up!

My 1929 Bugatti heats me much more, it kind of "fries" the driver!!! It is part of the experience for me...

Comment

Working...
                        X