#??? - C8 Double 12S(C) Black / Tropicana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #??? - C8 Double 12S(C) Black / Tropicana

This is the Double 12 that featured in the Auto Motor und Sport article (http://mtm-online.de/imgneu/pressebe...49_Bericht.pdf) I'm sure this one is not identified yet and I think she deserves her own thread.

I'm positive this Double 12 started life as a Double 12S and was fitted with an MTM Super Charger much later. Reason for this I believe is the absence of "Super Charger" and "Double 12SC" badges and the presence of MTM stickers on the car. This would be the fourth Super Charged Double 12, and the only one with an automatic gearbox.

The following photograph is taken in december 2008 at MTM, which makes me believe that the Super Charger was fitted around that period. Note that the left rear "wheelnut cover" is missing and there are no MTM stickers on the car yet. Also the windscreenwiper is not standard.

wallpaper_22_img4.jpg

The next photographs are from februari 2009, these were taken by Auto Motor und Sport and some of them were used in the article.

wallpaper_27_img1_50%.jpg wallpaper_34_img1_50%.jpg wallpaper_32_img1_50%.jpg
    wallpaper_35_img1_50%.jpg wallpaper_36_img1_50%.jpg

Note that the left rear "wheelnut cover" is not missing anymore and there now are MTM stickers on the car. There are MTM badges on the rear of the car as well as on the leather furbished dashboard.

Unfortunately I do not know the VIN of this one but the absence of the VIN plate behind the front windscreen in combination with the absence of the turned aluminium dashboard, both features often seen on early Double 12's, makes me believe that this particular Double 12 was built rather early, probably before #069...

Link for more excellent wallpapers: mtm > FanWorld > Wallpapers (you have to scroll down)
    Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 30-04-2009, 19:14.
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

A few more pics I happened to stumble upon.

Again, so close.......
    Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:31.

Comment

Working...
    X