War #2
      Attached Files

Comment

And the Spyker C12 LaTurbie in War
        Attached Files

Comment

Spyker C8 Laviolette in Basic Instinct 2

There were in fact four cars.

Two of them were rolling shells, one was a fully practical prototype, and the fourth one was a brand new car.
          One of the rolling shells was fired into the Thames using a ramp and a pnumatic cannon. (A 1990 Toyota Supra was as a tester)

The second rolling shell was used in a tank to shoot the underwater scenes.
          The Prototype was supposed to have been used for all the driving scenes but was crashed during rehersals (see pics) so the new car that was only supposed to be used inside the studio was used as the stand in.

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, some cool posts, Sebas! Good coverage of the Spyker, I must say! Another good example of Victor's excellent marketing & branding skills.

Good find, those pics of the BI2 Spykers!

Comment

I'm dl'ing 1953's Genevieve now

Comment

Very nice article about the Basic Instinct II Spyker Laviolette's basman007!

I believe #011 and #015 were both involved in the Basic Instinct II movie, I don't know about the other two.

Here's another slightly different picture: "Ontime Automotive" on truck seems to be removed from the picture posted by basman007.
                Attached Files
                Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

basman007 thanks for the pictures...as i hate to see damaged Spykers...some pictures did give a bit misery to look at

Comment

Originally posted by basman007 View Post

I'm dl'ing 1953's Genevieve now
                    Almost done I'll cut some stuff out and post it on youtube for you guys

Comment

I uploaded the final moments of the 1953 movie Genevieve featuring the 1904 Spyker 14/18 HP Open Tourer and the 1904 Darracq 10/12 hp Type O Roadster here:

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Both cars play an important role through the entire movie, so I've got more footage if you guys are interested

Comment

To respond to the demand for light cars, Spyker produced this prototype 7-hp twin-cylinder car designed by Joseph Laviolette in 1912 in response to a forecast by a director named Bienfait that it would be possible to sell 100 of them. But the rest of the board disagreed, and the project never went further than this prototype. It achieved some sort of immortality when it was featured in the “Tom Puss Tales” children’s books of Dutch cartoonist Maarten Toonder, in which Sir Ollie B. Bommel rides this car with his friend Tom Puss.

At 5 minutes into this part out of the animated movie "Als je begrijpt wat ik bedoel" from 1983 you can see the 1907 Spyker 7HP Two Seater.

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"This is the English language version of the Dutch animated film "Als je begrijpt wat ik bedoel" It is the first animated movie to come out of the Netherlands. While it is is well known over there...it isn't very well known here in the United States. It was originally made in 1983, and was dubbed in English and given a very limited home video release in the U.S. in 1987. It also aired on the Disney Channel a few times around 1988 - 1991. Another English title this movie is known by is "Dexter the Dragon & Bumble the Bear". The movie is based off the characters and graphic cartoons of Dutch cartoonist, Marten Toonder."

Comment

Spyker in WAR

+ YouTube Video

Comment

Basic Instinct II

Catherine Tramell
                            Attached Files
                            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Spyker used in TV series "Knight Rider"

"A Spyker C8 Spyder is featured in the new American television series, Knight Rider, a remake of the successful 1970’s television series, which starred David Hasselhoff. ..." source Spyker trading update Q3 2008.

See photo below. Source IMCDb.org: Spyker C8 Spyder in "Knight Rider, 2008" Knight Rider Episode 1.01
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by amzamz; 29-10-2008, 09:38.

Comment

Spyker used in TV series "The Apprentice"

... according to the same website as above, a car is briefly showing in a short scene. See picture. Source: IMCDb.org: Spyker C8 Spyder in "The Apprentice, 2005-2008"
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X