No announcement yet.

Spyker appearing in movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyker has a stationary role in the movie "The Pink Panther" with Steve Martin.
    The car is in the background.
    Attached Files
    Louis

Comment

Knight Rider (2)

... early in the appearance of the Spyker, the car drives very close to the cornerstone. Did it touch or not? The driver used the brakes 2x briefly after that. Once again it is the huge turning radius... Whoever drove that car must have had a second of luck. I guess it wasn't the pretty actrice herself. Who is she, actually?

See pics below. Particularly the fourth one indicates the wheel is actually touching! Which VIN # was that?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
        See pics below. Particularly the fourth one indicates the wheel is actually touching! Which VIN # was that?
        Ouch, that will be a bad case of "curb rash". Some journalist did the same to my car. The #107 lives now in a curb-less environment
        Rijk

Comment

Which VIN # was that?
          I don't know the VIN number, but I think that it is the car they used on the TV series Supercars Exposed (Speedchannel, US).
          Rijk

Comment

Knight Rider (3)

... another fascinating thing is related to the use of Spyker doors in the movie.

First, the pretty actress (I still have no clue who she is) doesn't need to open her Spyker door. It automatically happens! Then, when she asks the hostage to get into the car, again the door automatically opens! I wasn't aware Spyker had built-in artificial intelligence...

Again, when she kicks the guy out of the car, I was wondering how you would sit in the car driving it and at the same time open the passenger door and push a person out! But somehow, the passenger door opens... and closes again! I have no clue how this is done! Remember, the car is in full flight! See pics.
            Attached Files

Comment

That is ofcourse #148, the former US demo car

Comment

First, the pretty actress (I still have no clue who she is) doesn't need to open her Spyker door.......

Deanna Russo (born October 17, 1979, in New Jersey, USA) is an American actress. She is best known for her role as Dr. Logan Armstrong on the soap opera The Young and the Restless. She most recently starred in NBC's Knight Rider TV movie as Sarah Graiman, the daughter of the creator of KITT, a role that she reprises in the new Knight Rider series. (Wikipedia)

Deanna Russo - Official Website - Knight Rider

Comment

... I think it isn't!

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                  Deanna Russo
                  I think it isn't Deanna Russo, as she plays Sarah Graiman and is in another location at the time. She is a friend of Mike Traceur (played by Justin Bruening), but the Spyker driver is not a friend! It must be one of the other actresses... difficult, as they tend to change hair colour etc. have a look at her face! Could be Paula Garcés...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by amzamz; 29-10-2008, 20:18.

Comment

... another fascinating thing is related to the use of Spyker doors in the movie.

First, the pretty actress (I still have no clue who she is) doesn't need to open her Spyker door. It automatically happens! Then, when she asks the hostage to get into the car, again the door automatically opens! I wasn't aware Spyker had built-in artificial intelligence...

Again, when she kicks the guy out of the car, I was wondering how you would sit in the car driving it and at the same time open the passenger door and push a person out! But somehow, the passenger door opens... and closes again! I have no clue how this is done! Remember, the car is in full flight! See pics.
                    The door should open at a limited speed with the "hockey puck" which of course can be operated by the driver at any time. As for closing the door...well it is TV.

Comment

Originally posted by jpclinging View Post
                      The door should open at a limited speed with the "hockey puck" which of course can be operated by the driver at any time.
                      Isn't that quite dangerous, if the door opens while driving? I assumed it was blocked while driving, as I hope the alarm system will not do a silly thing if the button is accidentally pressed at speed. I have never tested that out myself, I admit.

Comment

I think it isn't Deanna Russo, as she plays Sarah Graiman and is in another location at the time. She is a friend of Mike Traceur (played by Justin Bruening), but the Spyker driver is not a friend! It must be one of the other actresses... difficult, as they tend to change hair colour etc. have a look at her face! Could be Paula Garcés...
                        You a right Amzamz..it’s definitely not Deanna Russo.

“Nice a Spyker in Knight Rider…but.. I am going to pay more attention to Paula Garces from now on..

At several Knight Rider forums people are wondering what kind of a car she is driving...Lotus?...Aston Martin?...:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by basman007 View Post
                          I uploaded the final moments of the 1953 movie Genevieve featuring the 1904 Spyker 14/18 HP Open Tourer and the 1904 Darracq 10/12 hp Type O Roadster here:

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Both cars play an important role through the entire movie, so I've got more footage if you guys are interested
                          I got banned

Comment

what's this "hockey puck" you guys mentioned?

Comment

A Spyker gets chased in the movie War:

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Or the link (Youtube, War car chase): http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=5QY-RZV4S0s

Comment

I just arrived in the Hague from New York, and starting zapping on the TV. First thing I come across is the blue C8 Spyder scene in Knight rider 2009. Bad movie, great car scenes.
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X