#115 - C8 Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #115 - C8 Spyder

#115 now resides in Malvern, PA. It is a 2006 C8 Spyder, royal blue over tan.

Can't wait to see it in your drive way

Comment

So I guess this is your car
      C8 Spyder Spyker 2006 Royal Bue :: Desert European Motorcars, Ltd. 71-387 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

How many times a day do you look at those pictures

Comment

Pix

Yes, that is the car. I look at the pix daily, and have some more of the car inbound being loaded on the truck that I should have by tomorrow. Here are some more dealership shots.
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a stunning color combination
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            That is a stunning color combination
            I like it as well. A 'warm' combination. Very

Comment

The color is why I went all the way to CA for it. In 2000, I had a 911C4S cab in these colors, and replaced it with a black one. I've been regretting it ever since, and am happy to be back in blue. In person, it has hints of aquamarine and purple, which is amazing. It was parked next to an Aston Martin at the showroom, and the paint quality was comparable, which impressed me as I consider Astons to be the gold standard for incredible paintwork.

Comment

Brett,

I heard that you got most of your issues taken care of in one day. Did that work out well?
                Rijk

Comment

Thanks for asking, Rijk. It's never that simple. Bachir cranked hard to get it all done for me, though we had to put aside the inaccurate speedo and a hood cable replacement for another day. Turns out the gas tank issue cannot really be fixed, and so I just need to click many times to get the tank to show full. The only problem we ran into is that I don't think the doors were re-seated correctly once the new door shocks were installed, and I am experiencing a tremendous rattling over bumps because I think the doors are set too tightly now. They are planning to take care of it for me. Up to 1,500 miles now, and it's just about time to make my winter plans. I am thinking of putting up the top for the season, and using it when the weather is clear. Too much fun to store for 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                    Thanks for asking, Rijk. It's never that simple. Bachir cranked hard to get it all done for me, though we had to put aside the inaccurate speedo and a hood cable replacement for another day. Turns out the gas tank issue cannot really be fixed, and so I just need to click many times to get the tank to show full.
                    Having owned exotics for more than 15 years, my experience is that you cannot rush a service job (especially under warrantee). However impractical it might be, because you are far away, it is better to leave the car for a week. You could take the train form NY to Philadelphia and arrange to be picked up there and vice versa.

All issues can be solved if given enough time. Bashir can call Nick at the factory and work out your quirks.
                    Rijk

Comment

The only problem we ran into is that I don't think the doors were re-seated correctly once the new door shocks were installed, and I am experiencing a tremendous rattling over bumps because I think the doors are set too tightly now.
                      Can you just check if your from clam shell is closed properly, I've driven around with the shell closed, but not latched and it give a terrible clatter.
                      Rijk

Comment

I am thinking of putting up the top for the season, and using it when the weather is clear. Too much fun to store for 4 months.
                        Yes!
                        Rijk

Comment

refuelling

.... I just need to click many times to get the tank to show full. ...
                          In my case, holding the gas nozzle upside down when fuelling helps! I know the problem. Try it.

Comment

rattle

... I am experiencing a tremendous rattling over bumps ....
                            Again, in my case I couldn't have it fixed by Spyker while I was travelling in Norway. I then put a paper napkin between the glass window (in the door) and front pillar (next to windshield). I replaced it later by a more elegant little adhesive rubber strip. See pics. The rattle was gone.

I am not sure what exactly your car has...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                              Again, in my case I couldn't have it fixed by Spyker while I was travelling in Norway. I then put a paper napkin between the glass window (in the door) and front pillar (next to windshield). I replaced it later by a more elegant little adhesive rubber strip. See pics. The rattle was gone.
                              In the 2008 upgrade package there are also window stiffeners. I have the stage 1, with three extra clamps inside the door. Stage 2 is an extra stiffening rod from the operable part of the window to the top of the door panel.
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X