No announcement yet.

#107 - C8 Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to photograph the C8 at that fantastic senario...
    Hugo Sá aka Throttleman

Comment

Hugo,

The Euro is strong, just come to the US.
      Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2024, 16:57.
      Rijk

Comment

image_118.jpg Greg,

Great photos. That afternoon I gave the car a much needed wash and put the SPYKER plates on.
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          Greg,

Great photos. That afternoon I gave the car a much needed wash and put the SPYKER plates on.
          Looks

But how does the car registration system work in the USA?

Comment

Kevin,

You get a number assigned by the State, and after you get the registration in the mail, you can go on line and find a combination that you like. If it is already taken by someone else, it shows on the webside as unavailable.

All my current and past cars have pesonalized plates.
            Rijk

Comment

image_125.jpg I found a picture of the pedal box. A true work of art to see, but the best thing is that the pedals are perfect for heel-and-toe-ing.
              Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2024, 16:56.
              Rijk

Comment

Rijk,

What is your personal favorite angle of your car, if you had to pick one?

I think it's pretty at all angles, I love the doors open too!
                www.gasbrooklyn.com

Comment

I found a picture of the pedal box. A true work of art to see, but the best thing is that the pedals are perfect for heel-and-toe-ing.
                  This picture reminds me of the meeting we both attended where one of the visitors asked what the fourth pedal was for.

Comment

I've had that question now 20 times.
                    Rijk

Comment

Greg,

I like it from the back.
                      Rijk

Comment

image_136.jpg image_137.jpg image_138.jpg image_135.jpg See my post in the "parts" thread

Tom is just brilliant. Without any instructions, he is able to figure out how to take the steering wheel out. There were no visible screws, bolts or clips, but he methodically took it apart and managed to install the propeller steering wheel. I was standing by for most of the time and only had to assist him when the old steering wheel nut came out, but the steering wheel would not release itself.

That turned out to be the simple part. To get rid of the standard three point seat belts and to install the four point belts without a manual, was much more daunting. Getting the lower two points nuts off with the seats in place was possible, but the belt buckle and belt did not want to come off. there is just no room to work. Everything is sooooo tight.

Finally Tom decided to take the seats out: the rails were in the back attached from the inside, but on the front they were attached from the underside of the car. Once the seat could be pushed up, the original belts could be removed and the lower two points could be attached.

The three point seat belt automated mechanism was located behind the back panels. However, they were bolted in from the engine bay side, and could not be taken out without dismantling all the engine attachments, so that the rear clam shell could go up. I told Tom just to cut the belt and leave the mechanism, but he could not maim a perfectly good mechanism and feel good about it.

He rolled up the seat belt, rolled it in vinyl to avoid rattling, and tied it back to the mechanism. So, it can still be converted back to a three point seat belt system. To attach the top two point was easy. The car is designed for it, so he just had to cut the holes in the leather. The threads were right under it. He reattached the seat tracks and the rest was easy.

Now the car looks like it was designed......
                        Rijk

Comment

Looks like Tom did a fab job. The four point seatbelts and the propeller design steering wheel are a feast for the eye.

Comment

Have to say that Spykers have the most stunning interiors

Comment

I can even see the blinker and high beam indicators. With the other steering wheel they were hidden behind it.
                              Rijk

Comment

I can even see the blinker and high beam indicators. With the other steering wheel they were hidden behind it.
                                How do you find the chrome dash/steering wheel in bright sunlight. Do you get the sun reflecting into your eyes???
                                Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2024, 16:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X