Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter tires

Amzamz,

I found several winter tire combinations, but you will need the ATS Alloy 18" wheels. I don't know how hard it is to find those.

225/40-18 front
    265/45-18 rear

Bridgestone Blizzak LM60
    Pirelli Winter 240 SnowSport
    Rijk

... do we know anybody who actually has such tyres on his Spyker? How is driving on snow with it? Did you try it yourself yet?

Comment

Doesn't the car take Michelin Pilot Sports, same as found on popular Porsche models? Why wouldn't it take the same snow tires as the Porsches?

I seem to recall being told it did.
      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
        Doesn't the car take Michelin Pilot Sports, same as found on popular Porsche models? Why wouldn't it take the same snow tires as the Porsches?

I seem to recall being told it did.
        you are correct. Winter tires on a Spyker....call me I want to play too!

Comment

Since I cannot find any 19" winter tires, I called Peter van Rooy from Spyker to see if I could get some of those ATS 18" wheels. But to my surprise he told me that the spindels are different, so you cannot just swap wheels. Bummer....
          Rijk

Comment

What size do you need?

Found some 19" Vredestein winter tires
            Vredestein
            Vredestein

Or the DUNLOP SP WINTER SPORT M3 or the Pirelli Sottozero Serie II.
            Or do Spykers have some kind of 'weird' size?

Comment

Thank you for finding the Vredestein tires. Peter van Rooy from Spyker came up with the same solution. However, he told me that even people from Vredestein (a Dutch company) do not know about these tire sizes.

In Europe these tires are 320 and 370 Euros, excluding 19% VAT, I found them in the US for 320 and 375 Dollars, ex sales tax (if applicable).

The difference is still 30%, because of the exchange rate.
              Rijk

Comment

Working...
              X