AutoWeek photoshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoWeek photoshoot

AutoWeek (US), is doing an article on non-garage queens. #107 is one of five exotics selected. I proposed to use #045, but they did not want to have to fly to Germany

Tomorrow I will report on the photoshoot of today.
    Rijk

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
    I proposed to use #045, but they did not want to have to fly to Germany
    :lol::lol::lol:

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

I already knew that automotive photographers hate "green", so it was no surprise that they asked to me to come to Manhattan with the #107. Driving up and down twice made the trip for the day 500+ miles.

No problem, I thought, I'll make it a leisurely day. However, just the day before, I had to schedule a meeting in the afternoon, that had been very difficult to get for the last five weeks. Thus cutting short the time I had available, but if I planned to get a shower in, right before the meeting, why not.

At 6 AM, in the parking garage in Manhattan, where our Saab resides, the car lift would not come down. It took them one-and-a-half hours to fix it, and I just sat there, feeling the leisure draining out of my day
          Rijk

Comment

Pushing the limits a little more than I usually do, I arrived in Manhattan 30 minutes too late, but is was a gorgeous day. The photographers had rented a convertible and we went all over Manhattan. Shooting from the back of the car, with many different urban backgrounds and lighting. Many thousands of shots....

The lead car with the photographer hanging out drew a lot of attention from bystanders, who immediately took out their own cameras, and started shooting away. If you ever want to become a celebrity, just hire yourself som interns, give them a few big cameras, and let them shoot you wherever you go. It will create an explosion on the internet:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm very happy that the Spyker lives a normal life in the Catskills Mountains......
            Rijk

Comment

On a quiet side street of the Meat Packing district, we were descended upon by a group of black guys and gals, just gawking over the Spyker. Asking if they could make photos in with of the car.

At the time I was already quickly out of time, because I hate to show up late at meetings. Then I made the mistake to offer that this one guy could sit in the #107. All of a sudden they were all over it. This guy turns out to be a rapper. They got a portable CD player out, turned on his latest song, and started videotaping while he was lip syncing

When I told his manager, that Akon also has a Spyker, he was looking at me as if he had met the oldest Rap fan in the world:lol:
              Rijk

Comment

Of course I ran out of time to go back home and take a shower, and arrived at my meeting slightly overheated, a little crumpled and with an empty stomach.

He must have sensed it, because he turned up the AC and gave me a power bar. After that the meeting went great........

(Pictures as soon as they are available)
                Rijk

Comment

Nice story Rijk,..never a dull moment.

Can't wait for the pictures. After the magnificent photoshoot of #045,...this sounds to be just as nice! let's see what they have made of it.

Comment

Cool story Rijk! Can't wait to see the article!

Comment

Despite any inconveniences, this is the kind of experience that you will never forget -- a story that you and the car share.

Just hope Autoweek runs the story like they said they would, since you took the time for them!
                      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

... sounds absolutely great! I am sure it will turn out nice! But, did you tell them your story (as you told us here)? The readers of AutoWeek may never know...:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                          On a quiet side street of the Meat Packing district, we were descended upon by a group of black guys and gals, just gawking over the Spyker. Asking if they could make photos in with of the car.

At the time I was already quickly out of time, because I hate to show up late at meetings. Then I made the mistake to offer that this one guy could sit in the #107. All of a sudden they were all over it. This guy turns out to be a rapper. They got a portable CD player out, turned on his latest song, and started videotaping while he was lip syncing

When I told his manager, that Akon also has a Spyker, he was looking at me as if he had met the oldest Rap fan in the world:lol:
                          LOVE IT! And this is what I deal with every day that I bring the car to the city or even in New Jersey. There are times when I just want to go to the drugstore with my car and I'm surrounded by people asking questions and taking pics.

Ahhh, the life of a celebrity (car, not me!).

Comment

Funny story Rijk!

Looking forward to the article and the "spotted" pictures on internet.

Jeffrey

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                              ... sounds absolutely great! I am sure it will turn out nice! But, did you tell them your story (as you told us here)? The readers of AutoWeek may never know...:lol:
                              Yes, actually today was the interview. So, it helped that it happened in this order. If these stories will get into the text, or even if the article will ever be published, or even if the Spyker will make it into the article, only time will tell......

But I had a great time doing it
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X