Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we be happy that Spyker is no longer in Formula1….?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we be happy that Spyker is no longer in Formula1….?

Preparations for the 2009 season got under way this week at Circuit de Catalunya. Slick tyres are making a return but the other changes..... The other changes are there to reduce downforce in order to make overtaking more easy..but what about looks.

I’m afraid we have to get used to this kind of strange looking formula 1 cars…

Should we be happy that Spyker is no longer in Formula 1…no but if looks for Spyker car are important to you...yes we should
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wouter; 21-11-2008, 18:04.

that's horrid indeed.. good lord, it looks like a whale with a birt-defect. I'm sure we'll get used to it though.

Comment

The rear spoiler doesn't look that small on the Ferrari:

(and great to slick tyres back in F1)
      Attached Files

Comment

That's because so far only BMW is testing a full 2009-spec car. Williams allready has the 2009 rear wing and Honda the new front wing, but Ferrari is still driving their 2008 aerodynamics. Except for a bulge with an extra air intake on the right hand sidepod of the car, which probably cools some KERS-related electronics.

Comment

Beside the issue discussed above I personally thought for a company like Spyker the F1 programme was not the best use of their resources.

Perhaps a (mostly) continental formula, like FIA GT would be a better choice.
          1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

My YouTube Channel

Comment

The new Ferrari F60. I like the fact that a camera was fitted on the helmet in stead of the car a lot. Hope they do that during races as well.

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
              Beside the issue discussed above I personally thought for a company like Spyker the F1 programme was not the best use of their resources.

Perhaps a (mostly) continental formula, like FIA GT would be a better choice.
              On the other hand, the spike in brand recognition coincided with the F1 period.
              Rijk

Comment

Working...
              X