No announcement yet.

WANTED ! Spyker C8 Laviolette (Spyder?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think initially, a Lamborghini and a Spyker get the same response from people. They are both crowdmagnets because they look different then "normal" sportscars. They really stand out. I think this similarity reflects in the fact that a lot of Lamborghini dealers are also Spyker dealer and quite some Lamborghini owners also have a Spyker.

But when the "attractionphase" is over, the differences start to show. When close to a Lamborghini and you start to study the details, it is "just" a "normal" sportscar, nothing really special. The Spyker is very different, it's all about the details. Eyecandy everywhere.

When driving however, a Lamborghini is more a true sportscar then a Spyker, which is sporty but not as fast as a Lamborghini.

I think you have to be absolutely sure what you want out of buying a sportscar, before choosing a Spyker. If you choose a Spyker for the wrong reasons you will be dissapointed.

And that could explain that a lot of Spykers have very low mileage. They apparantly had other expectations of a Spyker and were not sattisfied, which is a shame, because bought for the right reasons the Spyker is phenomenal!
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I may be getting lucky, I received a call today on 2007 Black Coupe...

Black is not my color of choice, but heck at this point - if the price is right, maybe I will 'murder' it out with powdercoating the rims black, and blackout the rest of the car to make the stainless pop. Just a thought.. hmmm we will see
      Seth Rose
      www.ExoticsRally.com
      seth@exoticsrally.com
      2011 Bullrun Live Rally Champion - Team Exotics Rally
      2012 Bullrun Live Rally Champion - Team Exotics Rally

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
        When driving however, a Lamborghini is more a true sportscar then a Spyker, which is sporty but not as fast as a Lamborghini.
        It depends on where you are driving. On the twisties, because of its light weight and more than adequate power, the Spyker can very much hold its own with the Lambos and Ferraris. (Where it suffers is on the straights.)

Depends on the driver, too, of course.

The Spykers that are doing so well in Le Mans and 1000 Km at Nurburgring are only 50 hp more than the ones we are driving, and they are clearly holding their own.
        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
          The Spykers that are doing so well in Le Mans and 1000 Km at Nurburgring are only 50 hp more than the ones we are driving, and they are clearly holding their own.
          Don't forget the 1,000 km Silverstone, we finished there in second spot as well

Comment

Originally posted by globallambo View Post

Black is not my color of choice, but heck at this point - if the price is right, maybe I will 'murder' it out with powdercoating the rims black, and blackout the rest of the car to make the stainless pop. Just a thought.. hmmm we will see
            Go get em Seth! You and I cruising along the streets of Manhattan with two black Spykers would be quite a sight:lol:

I've seen a couple pics with black rims and either you love the look or hate it, but I like it...knowing this crowd, I'm sure someone has pics.

Comment

Originally posted by globallambo View Post

This one for Seth:
              Attached Files

Comment

I just took a membership at Soho House in NYC, 2 black Spykers our front sounds like a nice idea!

I am diligently working on it, leaving this evening for Dubai, I am hoping this happens within the next 10 days....
                Seth Rose
                www.ExoticsRally.com
                seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Seth: let me know if you need any help with the process or have any questions.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                    Seth: let me know if you need any help with the process or have any questions.

Paul
                    You could write the check and save me a buck and some change...

j/k - thanks for the note, i will keep you informed...
                    Seth Rose
                    www.ExoticsRally.com
                    seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Brand New '06 Spyder's and '08 Laviolette 26 miles with full warranty available at great prices in Houston

Comment

Look for some new posts, we are getting rid of our demo cars... look for them to be posted here on the forum...
                        Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Aileron demo cars coming up?
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                            Aileron demo cars coming up?
                            The Aileron Demo cars you guys have seen will not ever be sold, these are pre-production cars, not legal for sale in any market.

#252, 253, 254, 255 are all in this category.
                            Vinny

Comment

Ok interesting. But will there be more aileron democars going to dealers, or will the first production ailerons be shipped to customers first?
                              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

That will depend on the market and the production schedule. Dealers will continue to get the pre-prodction cars until production starts.

My guess (IMHO) is owners will get cars first.
                                Vinny

Comment

Working...
                                X