Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... exactly! Do you see that from the file name? Or, is it stored in the file "properties"?

Comment

• It is stored in the file properties

Comment

• nice! great shots amzamz.

Comment

• image_11267.jpg ... thanks.

I also was very lucky to document the simultaneous occurrence of two rare birds! A Spyker C8 Spyder and a bearded vulture. These beautiful birds of prey, wing span up to 9 feet (!), have been extinct in Switzerland since the end of 19th century. They have been carefully re-introduced since 1991. I believe there are about 50 or so birds now on Swiss territory. The 20 year program would cost some 100,000 $ per bird, and luckily, most of them can still be found, are breeding and hopefully forming a stable population again. I have never seen one in the wild except last Sunday! I couldn't believe my eyes, and abandoned my Spyker with open door on the roadside...
          Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2023, 23:45.

Comment

• Great sighting! Huge bird, he might carry away your little Spyker if you're not careful!
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• One of the lesser-known pictures of Amzamz's early exploits . . .

Comment

• I'm missing a 'Like' button :lol:
                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• image_11352.jpg ... my favourite!

Comment

• Oh! I love the look on his face! :lol:

Comment

• Three wheels, no helmet, no waiting! :lol:

Much respect for these guys.

Comment

• ... now a physics exam question: "Why does a fallen off wheel normally overtake the car?" It is getting faster than the car!!! Doesn't make sense, does it?

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                          ... now a physics exam question: "Why does a fallen off wheel normally overtake the car?" It is getting faster than the car!!! Doesn't make sense, does it?
                          The wheel is lighter than the car I think.

Dutchdude
                          Spykerowner #141
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                            ... now a physics exam question: "Why does a fallen off wheel normally overtake the car?" It is getting faster than the car!!! Doesn't make sense, does it?
                            That would seem obvious to me: The wheel isn't actually accelerating away from the car it fell away from, rather the car is decelerating more rapidly than the wheel, which comes as no surprise as cars with one end of an axle sticking in the ground generate quite a lot of friction. Of course modern cars don't usually have live axles but I can imagine that a racing driver would notice a wheel falling off, and would then let off the gas or brake.

Comment

• image_11373.jpg image_11374.jpg ... sorry to distract from this scientific discussion...
                              A more important announcement is below.
                              (.... plus greetings from Zeewolde! )

Comment

• Zeewolde?
                                I work at Zeewolde.
                                Are you there tommorow also?

Comment

Working...
                                X