Swiss Alps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
    We rented Porsche Carrera 4Ss with the super sports chromo package. Here is a video of us driving up Silvretta pass, near Ishgl, Austria. I am in the lead car.

Exotics on Vimeo
    Even just looking at it was fun !
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

... stunning! And, scary to me. I hope you have artificially accelerated the frame rate, and also artificially shortened the visible stretch of road when you overtook!!!! In addition, I hope that young fans on this website don't have a fast car at home, or that they actually believe what I just said in the sentence before:lol:.

I guess you have tested "LD50". That's what we say in the pharmaceutical industry if we do toxicity testing. "LD50" is the dose at which 50% of the test animals get killed...

Comment

It is all trick photography, amzamz, we never exceeded a walking pace.

Honest.
        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Here is footage from our day with amzamz. I put it here, instead of some other topic, because the Swiss Alps is the unquestionable star of the show . . . I could just as easily have put this under "Spyker Videos" or "045".

Enjoy!

Exotics on Vimeo

Comment

Excellent clips! Spectacular views! I haven't seen my car from that angle yet. Thank you for posting.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by amzamz; 18-07-2010, 18:38.

Comment

I loved this clip. Makes me want to drive a Spyker plus go back to the Alps again

Thanks for sharing this with us

Comment

Here's a few more from Sustenpass, Weggis and the EdelweissSpitz

(You can click on each image to get to larger versions in my gallery if you like.)

Comment

... did everyone find the Spyker?

Comment

Gotta go to the enlarged version of the second pic, maximize the page and take a close look. It's there!

But don't worry, amzamz, I've got more pics of #045 and I will get to them. I am still sorting out the 4,000+ pics from the trip!

Comment

Those of us who met Amzamz in the Swiss Alps this summer for the unforgettable driving over Susten Pass, Grimsel Pass, Furka Pass, etc., had the distinct pleasure of a reunion with him in San Francisco today. Amzamz had a day-long layover, so we got to tour a private vintage car collection with many Pebble Beach Concourse notables, enjoy a delicious lunch in San Francisco, etc.

This is friendship born here on SpykerOwner, so thanks to all who make this a good and tight community -- best wishes for the holidays and the New Year!

Already thinking about our next drive together!

Comment

Great to see you guys met again

Hope I can meet several of you again @ 1,000km of Spa next season.

Comment

A couple more:

The kid in the candy store; lunch at LuLu, with an oven from Modena!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by OnTheLam; 23-12-2010, 06:22.

Comment

... I should probably comment on this! (For the un-initiated...) Picture (1): Why the hell is the crank handle behind the number plate? Inside the chassis frame, so to say. Wonderful Bentley! Picture (2): Look at this, nothing to take your wife along with! This little girl has a skirt in the wind... :lol::lol::lol: Imagine what happens if you drive fast... Picture (3) is a symbol of the warm welcome for a Spyker owner lost in rainy California! Thank you for all! Had it been sunny, there would probably be pictures of the #083 here! And picture (4) was clearly my favourite car, a Maserati. Look at the color scheme! I love it. I have no clue what type it is. It comes with a 2L engine. Does anybody know?

Comment

I've asked after the Maserati for your (next) Christmas list, amzamz. Just tell your kids it's what you want for Christmas. Those days of mufflers and sweaters will be behind you and you'll find an Italian under the tree! :lol:

Comment

I got sentimental about this trip and worked on another picture (only 3,000 to go).

Comment

Working...
                                X