No announcement yet.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sound engineering of the F430 is incredible. In the F360, a valve would open above 3500 RPM and you would get the full Ferrari wail. In the F430, you can open the valve with the amount of pressure you build up with your right foot.

It is very addictive (and not very good for your mileage). But, next to the exhaust wail, it has a lot of extra sound-tracks that make the car sound like a 70's F1 car, gorgeling, popping, backfiring and all sorts of other sounds, and it is soooo loud.

I do not understand how they got this system through the sound level regulations. A Tubi (or other after market exhaust system) is not necessary at all. A huge improvement over F360
    Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      A huge improvement over F360
      I totally agree

Comment

Wow

Looks like tremendous fun, Rijk. My neighbor just picked up his new 430 this week too. His is white, which I have never seen before on an F430. It is, ah, interesting. I do like the 6-speed though. We plan some backroad dueling soon. While you could argue white is at least different from retail red, there is justice in a red Ferrari. They just look right. Scuderia shields take a lot of heat from vintage Ferrari owners, but I think they are a good fit on modern Ferraris. I also happen to like the Azzuro Metallico color on vintage Ferraris. I almost bought a 67' 365 GT 2+2 in that color last year. How did that Subaru get in the picture with such august company?

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
          How did that Subaru get in the picture with such august company?
          The Subaru is from the piano tuner.
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
            While you could argue white is at least different from retail red, there is justice in a red Ferrari. They just look right. I also happen to like the Azzuro Metallico color on vintage Ferraris. I almost bought a 67' 365 GT 2+2 in that color last year.
            I've never had a red Ferrari until this one. My silver 360 spider looked very dull next to the Spyker, so I decided to go with red. However, I could not do the "Resale Red/Tan" combination.
            Rijk

Comment

I'm generally not impressed with Silver, though Porsche has a brilliant silver that is compelling. When I looked at Ferraris before I bought the Spyker, I saw one that was dark grey with tan, and was stunning. Similar to the dark grey on your Spyker, which is a wow.

Comment

With the Spyker in the shop to the next few weeks, getting its 2008 spec updates, I'm relegated to drive the other car in the weekends
                Attached Files
                Rijk

Comment

Ah... Those pics will never get old (until I get my own Spyker that is )

Comment

Working...
                  X