Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
    R
    .....when you start talking about HP numbers. You are generally one of two types of people... 1) Someone who wants HP and could care less about weight (we'll leave torque out of this discussion for now), or ; 2) Someone who wants a great HP:Weight Ratio. I'm #2 all the way. I have seen monster trucks with 2000 HP and I was not impressed. On the other hand I had a Lotus Elise with a 10:1 ratio and was astounded. Which one are you??

Dan
    As (I think) Colin Chapman once said if you give a car more HP it'll go faster in a straight line; if you make it lighter it'll go faster everywhere

Comment

I guess I'm a bit of both really. Definately #2 setup, to have a quick, responsive, fun car. I've always been a big fan of the Elise and then also of the Ariel Atom (Lotus did it first with their 340R? .
      But then again, I also absolutely adore the Aston Martin Vantage (90's model). kerb weight of 2 tons, but a twin-supercharged 5.3L engine with 550 HP (and 746Nm torque!!).

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
        I guess I'm a bit of both really. Definately #2 setup, to have a quick, responsive, fun car. I've always been a big fan of the Elise and then also of the Ariel Atom (Lotus did it first with their 340R? .
        But then again, I also absolutely adore the Aston Martin Vantage (90's model). kerb weight of 2 tons, but a twin-supercharged 5.3L engine with 550 HP (and 746Nm torque!!).
        True - that was a great car in a very brutish way

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          I think the 600+HP Spyker C8 is closer to become a reality soon, but only in the LWB.
          Did Victor tell you something

Did they put a supercharger on the Audi V8?

Comment

Working...
          X