No announcement yet.

#250 - C8 Aileron - Champion Silver / Tropicana Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show will be held from November 21 through November 30 , 2008, with press days on November 19 and 20.

Can't wait !
    Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:48.
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Spyker C8 Aileron Mosaic

It will be very interesting yes, to see what it looks like, especially under the bonnet!

Here's a nice mosaic while we are waiting for November to come.
      I was so intrigued by all these detail shots, that I wanted to see them all together in an mosaic portrait. The Aileron is really growing on me
      If you want any of the pics in higher resolution, let me know, I can post them (there's 80 of them!!).

I have attached a small 1024pixels version too, for easy&quick use/viewing

HIGH-RES: 4000x2280 - 3 Mb - Click here --->
      Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:47.

Comment

Very nice ! That will keep me sweet untill the definitive production version of the Aileron will be presented .

Comment

Very cool...Bucciali...you just gave me a new laptop background..

Comment

A few more nice shots, most likely taken at the Geneva Salon.

Comment

A few more of this Geneva batch

Comment

unveiling of a (pre-)production C8 Aileron

Who knows when the production version of the C8 Aileron will be unveiled?

In the 2008 half year results press release the pre-production C8 Aileron was planned to be present at the L.A. Auto Show. But after reading Spykercar’s press release concerning the Los Angeles Auto Show it seems we have to wait a little longer for the unveiling of a (pre-)production C8 Aileron.

Speaking about the Aileron..how are thing going for the Spyder version? In the outlook to 2008 (press release 24 April 2008) the initial planning was to release the Aileron Spyder at Pebble Beach in August 2008. I haven’t heard about it sinds..? Who knows more….

L.A. Auto Show press release:
                http://www.spykercars.com/download/a..._Show_2008.pdf

Comment

In previous press releases Spyker mentioned the current C8 Aileron as “the concept of second generation C-line sportscars”…but it seems the pre-production C8 Aileron is the same car….so we have to wait for the production model.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                    Who knows when the production version of the C8 Aileron will be unveiled?

In the 2008 half year results press release the pre-production C8 Aileron was planned to be present at the L.A. Auto Show. But after reading Spykercars press release concerning the Los Angeles Auto Show it seems we have to wait a little longer for the unveiling of a (pre-)production C8 Aileron.

Speaking about the Aileron..how are thing going for the Spyder version? In the outlook to 2008 (press release 24 April 2008) the initial planning was to release the Aileron Spyder at Pebble Beach in August 2008. I havent heard about it sinds..? Who knows more.

L.A. Auto Show press release:
                    http://www.spykercars.com/download/a..._Show_2008.pdf
                    As far as I know the initial production start of the C8 Aileron was planned mid 2008 and the C8 Spyder was planned 3rd quarter 2008, hence the initial launch date of august 2008 for the Spyder at Pebble Beach. The date for the production start was however postponed: C8 Aileron now forwarded to 4th quarter 2008. No new date set for the C8 Aileron Spyder as far as I know but I read somewhere spring 2009.

The Aileron prototype was introduced earlier this year in Geneve, U.S. introduction took place in august at Pebble Beach. The design of the pre-production version was decided on after making a clay model. In august 2008 the final shape of the pre-production Aileron was frozen. After this point no (major) changes could be made to the final design. Rumour has it that the pre-production Aileron will differ quite a lot compared to the prototype Aileron.

The pre-production Aileron will make it's presentation at the L.A. Auto show 19-30 november 2008 (Source: http://spykercars.nl/download/artike..._Show_2008.pdf ). Production of the first C8 Aileron has started in oktober 2008 (Source: http://spykercars.nl/download/artike...arter_2008.pdf ).

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                      The Aileron prototype was introduced earlier this year in Geneve, U.S. introduction took place in august at Pebble Beach. The design of the pre-production version was decided on after making a clay model. In august 2008 the final shape of the pre-production Aileron was frozen. ............

The pre-production Aileron will make it's presentation at the L.A. Auto show 19-30 november 2008 (Source: http://spykercars.nl/download/artike..._Show_2008.pdf ).

Thanks for your quick reaction LavioletteGT2R.
                      So if I understand you correctly you do think that the final shap Aileron will be present in L.A. (pre-production = final shape)....i'm a bit confused...

Yes, the final shape of the Aileron was frozen in august. During our factory visit in august we where told to expect some major changes on the rear side of the car. I’m very curious how this final design will look.

The L.A. Motor Show press release mentions the U.S introduction of the LM85 as the major news and says the following about the Aileron; “The Spyker C8 Aileron preproduction car and a Spyker C8 Spyder will be displayed.”

It would be a pleasant surprise to me when the “final shape” Aileron makes it's presentation at the L.A. Auto show. But after reading the press release I expect to see the same C8 Aileron as introduced in Geneva this year..

Prototype, concept, pre-production, production, final shape,….et cetera…things get complicated…

Comment

You are welcome Wouter,

Yes it is complicated! My guess is that the pre-production version of the Aileron will be displayed at the L.A. Motor Show. This will be, at least I expect so, the new final design and not the prototype we all know from the Geneve Show. When a manufacturer shows a model on a show before production has started this is often called a pre-production model because it is presented before the actual production takes place. In this case of the C8 Aileron I strongly believe that the pre-production model will be the same as the production model because production of the first Aileron has allready started.
                        That would mean we will see the first pictures of the new C8 Aileron next week!!

Comment

I did not see the Aileron last week, so it will be as much a surprise to me as to you.
                          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                            I did not see the Aileron last week, so it will be as much a surprise to me as to you.
                            I visited the factory last friday, because #007 is in for a service and a polish.

I was told the Aileron is 85% new in comparison to the C8. Repositioned firewall, etc. Changing its overall appearance in comparison to the pre/production Aileron.
                            Currently engineers are in the UK developing and building the first of 3 Ailerons to be crash tested, before production will start.

@GT2R: Don't expect pictures next week.
                            Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:46.

Comment

Thanx for the update Jeffrey!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                                I visited the factory last friday, because #007 is in for a service and a polish.

I was told the Aileron is 85% new in comparison to the C8. Repositioned firewall, etc. Changing its overall appearance in comparison to the pre/production Aileron.
                                Currently engineers are in the UK developing and building the first of 3 Ailerons to be crash tested, before production will start.

@GT2R: Don't expect pictures next week.
                                This confirms what I already thought (and said somewhere?). The (production version of the) C8 Aileron is underneath it's skin a 'completly' new car. For the prototype that was on display in Geneva they used an 'old' C8 LWB chassis and gave it some new looks.

And in the past months (and maybe even before Geneva?) Spyker was busy developing the new chassis.

For instance the new firewall (I think) will for instance give some extra room in the foot area (and the speakers ).

But I am curious when we will see the first pictures of this new car. Since I get the feeling it won't be at the LA Auto Show. Maybe the Abu Dhabi International Motor Show (17-21 December)? Or Geneva 2009?
                                Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X