Ferrari 16M very similar to VF Engineering Supercharged C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 16M very similar to VF Engineering Supercharged C8

I had the opportunity to do a spirited drive in the Ferrari 16M Scuderia yesterday. It was fun as you might expect. The big surprise was how very similar it drove to my Spyker #083, a C8 Spyder supercharged by VF Engineering.

The 16M was about the same size, weight and height, and had about the same amount of power and pull. The biggest difference was the paddle shifters in the 16M vs. manual transmission in the Spyker.

I felt right at home! :lol:
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

It is still high-technology versus low-technology ( do you have power brakes?).
    Rijk

Comment

No, Rijk, I don't have power brakes on #083. But they function beautifully and linearly, unlike the Ferrari, which had carbon ceramics. The 16M's carbon ceramics were "grabby" at low speeds, but actually did a worse job of slowing the car at high speeds than the AC Racing brakes on the Spyker. I was astonished.

While I think you can make the distinction about high-tech vs. low tech, the similarities in the performance of the two cars were far more compelling than the differences.

Bear in mind, #083 had a big horsepower boost, 100 hp at the rear wheels, from the supercharger setup. Before I had that work done, #083 could match a Scuderia in the twisties, but not on the straights. Here, it was a very even match. The thing that was so compelling for me was driving the 16M and feeling the similarities.

Previously I've driven #083 on track with Scuderias and 458s and been able to pass them on track, generally in the more technical sections since the Spyker is a good deal lighter than the Ferrari.
      Last edited by OnTheLam; 19-07-2012, 19:34.
      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
      X