Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evandaalen View Post
    A question about VINs:

Does anyone have a full 17-digit VIN number of a C8 Laviolette or of a C8 Double 12 S?

Also (I'm new to Spyker): are these two types also sold in the US?

Thanks!
    Seems like I already answered one of my questions. Two C8 Laviolettes are XL9BA11G27Z363128 and XL9BA11GX7Z363166.

OK, one more questions then: how about the D12? Is it already produced? Any ideas about VINs or if they are sold in the US? Sorry, just being the newbie here

Comment

The C8 Laviolette is sold in the US but the C8 Double12 S isn't (as far as I know). On the moment there are 2 D12's build. But these cars are only prototypes. There is a Black/Beige D12 that made it's debute at the Geneva car show in 2006. And last year another D12 appeared, this one is dark grey and had a orange interior. The same colourcombination as the C12 Zagato.

The first (black) one is more an expensive mockup and not a real car. On the right side of the car the doors can't even open and the ones one the left can't be closed.

The second car was called a "pre-production" car. So this car is much more a real car. I don't now if they have a VIN. I guess the black one doesn't and the grey one does. But I don't know for sure.

But it would also be logical that they start counting at 001 for the SSUV's.

Comment

A third one will appear on the Geneve show on march 2008.

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
        If I understood it correctly, there will be 4 cars:

The new Spyker C8 LWB Laviolette
        The existing Spyker C8 Spyder (SWB)
        The third Spyker SSUV Peking to Paris
        A Spyker GT2 Racecar
        It will be white...

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
        The Geneva show will have a new white SSUV.
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Vin

Thanks for info. I have VIN ending in 5Z363032, so that means my Spyker was the 32nd in production?

Comment

Welcome to the forum Chicago!

Very nice that you own a Spyker

Comment

@Chicago, if your VIN ends with 032 that indeed means that you have the 32nd Spyker in production.

Am I right when I say that it is a C8 Spyder?

Comment

Chicago, can you tell us a bit more about your Spyker? Very curious about the color combination! Maybe you can post some pictures?

Comment

Spyker VIN numbering - digit 4 through 8 -

Taken from the excellent post #7 by bucciali:
                  Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                  VDS - Vehicle Descriptor Section - 5 positions

Digits 4 through 8 identify things like body style, engine type, series or model. Each manufacturer can pick their own scheme for these five characters. Seeing that I only have found VINs for Spyder models, it is hard to tell what characteristics are hiding behind the digits. With a VIN of a Laviolette or a Double 12, we could start distinguishing the differences.
                  In the meantime we found a lot of complete VIN numbers !

I found the following combinations for VIN digits 4 through 8 used by Spyker (there might be more!):

GA11A
                  AA11A
                  AA11G
                  GB11A
                  GB11G
                  GB11H
                  BA11G
                  BA12G

By comparing all VIN numbers known to me, I was able to deduct the following information:

1st and 2nd position stand for the body type.
                  GA for very early Spykers. Unfortunately I don’t have many early VIN numbers but I found C8 Spyders with this combination but also the first Double 12 (#008) has the GA combination.

AA and GB for C8 Spyder.
                  I’m not sure about the difference between these two combinations yet...

BA for C8 Laviolette, C8 Double 12 and Aileron.

The 3rd and 4th digit in this string stands for the chassis type.
                  11 for C8 SWB models Spyder and Laviolette.
                  12 for C8 LWB models Double 12 and Aileron.

The 5th digit in this serie of 5 digits stands probably (but I’m not sure!) for the manufacturer of the chassis and / or bodywork.
                  A for Coventry Prototype Panels (Anglia?)
                  G for Karmann (Germany?)
                  H for ??? (Holland?)

Summary:

GA11A The GA pairing was used for very early Spykers.
                  AA11A This will be a C8 Spyder, might have a CPP chassis and / or bodywork..
                  AA11G This will be a C8 Spyder, might have a Karmann chassis and / or bodywork..
                  GB11A This will be a C8 Spyder, might have a CPP chassis and / or bodywork..
                  GB11G This will be a C8 Spyder, might have a Karmann chassis and / or bodywork..
                  GB11H This will be a C8 Spyder, might have a chassis and / or bodywork neither made by CPP or Karmann but by another supplier.
                  BA11G This will be a C8 Laviolette.
                  BA12G This will be either a Double 12 or an Aileron.

Comment

Was anyone of this forum at Maarten Memorial today?
                    Because there was a C8 LM85.
                    But it was (as you can see) on Dutch (dealer)plates. As far as I know, this car isn't present in the Unofficial list of #VIN-numbers.
                    If someone was at Maarten Memorial today, did someone took a shot of the VIN?
                    Olav

Instagram
                    https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Nice work, Stephan! We have indeed found many VIN's in the meantime! :lol:

Comment

Nice research! Which cars have a VIN with GB11H?

Comment

Originally posted by Aiglos91 View Post
                          Was anyone of this forum at Maarten Memorial today?
                          Because there was a C8 LM85.
                          But it was (as you can see) on Dutch (dealer)plates. As far as I know, this car isn't present in the Unofficial list of #VIN-numbers.
                          If someone was at Maarten Memorial today, did someone took a shot of the VIN?
                          Is there a Sherlock Holmes in the house?
                          I've got a picture of the #VIN of this LM85. But there is one problem, and that is that it isn't a real good picture.
                          #VIN LM85
                          Who knows what #VIN could be?

Hmm... I see I mis just the 3 most cruscial numbers... too bad. Maby there will come more/better pictures of this VIN.
                          Last edited by Aiglos91; 05-08-2009, 15:38.
                          Olav

Instagram
                          https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Hmm, that's going to very tough....

The picture only has the 'generic' part of the VIN (XL9BA11G29Z363...) and is missing the last 3 digits which we use to identify the actual vehicle (f.e. when we say "#050 has been spotted here...").

Comment

Originally posted by Aiglos91 View Post
                              Hmm... I see I mis just the 3 most cruscial numbers... too bad. Maby there will come more/better pictures of this VIN.
                              ...That's what I said... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Comment

I initiall thought this LM85 would have to be XL9BA11G69Z363149, the one that was at the Auto Rai, but it's apparantly not...

I checked all known LM85 VIN's but it's not one of those either. So it's probably a new, recently vinished one...

My guess would be #234

Comment

Working...
                                X