Unidentified VINs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified VINs

Played with this idea for a while. While we get to know more and more VINs, there still are plenty cars out there that remain VIN-less :-).

Let's share these here, and see if we can get some matching going. Curious to see any hypothesis on a probable VIN :lol:
    Could of course also be that my files are out-of-date, but let's wait and see

First batch is all Spyders.
    1. Spotted in south of France (Cannes?). Not sure, but believe it has German plates? Characteristic darkbrown interior. I remember the back plate to be really small (US style?).
    2. The white-blue Spyder, for sale at Spyker of Frankfurt (Bach Motorcars)
    [EDIT 09 Sep 2009: Now identified as #177)
    3. Blue exterior, tan interior. Spotted in London, in the garage of the Jumeirah hotel.
    4. Purple Spyder, in Dubai. Is this #093, the factory demonstrator at the time? How many purple Spyders were there again?
    5. Silver Spyder, read interior, with the hardtop, in showroom of Euro Auto group, which I believe is in Russia. Never really found website of this dealer/garage.
    6. Red C8 Spyder with tan interior. Shown several times at the Americana Manhasset Concours. Besides Dan's (#152) the only red Spyder that I know of.
    Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:31.

2nd batch, all Laviolette's.

1. Only red Laviolette that I know of. Located in USA.
    2. The well-known black BI2 Laviolette without the front 'lip', spotted numerous times around Paris, with Saudi-Arabian plates.
    3. The well-known Silver Laviolette with green alcantara interior, located in China. So many pictures, so many Chinese, and no pics of the VIN plate :lol:
    4. Silver Laviolette in Russia. Spotted once, back in 2007, in a beautiful series of photos. Not seen since, so may have been relocated (factory demonstrator?)
    5. Black BI2 Laviolette in China.
    6. Blue one, tan interior, also in China.

Comment

So, how many red Spykers are there? With these two, and Dan's Red/Black it is at least three.
      Rijk

Comment

1. Silver Spyder, red interior, at Siam Paragon shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand. It has been on show here for a long while, not sure from when the latest picture I have dates. Could also be back at the Spyker Thailand showroom.
        2. Black Laviolette, also at Siam Paragon shopping mall.
        3. Black C8 Double 12, also at Siam Paragon shopping mall. Still on display there I believe.
        4. Silver Laviolette, on display at the Orlando Exotic Car Gallery. Check their site. They're so clever, they put up a pic of a Spyder
        5. Orange Laviolette. Seen various pictures of an orange Laviolette in the States, at various times. First at Manhattan Motorcars, then at Bramann Miami (why does Bramann not have their Spykers listed for sale ANYWHERE?? not on DuPont, not on Zibe, not even on their own websites. Or if so, I haven't found it). I guess this is one and the same, but it could be that besides #186 in Singapore, there are 2 more?
        6. Blue Laviolette, on display at the 2008 (?) Brussels Auto Show.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          So, how many red Spykers are there? With these two, and Dan's Red/Black it is at least three.
          Yes, that's as many as I am counting. Have now noticed that both the Spyder and Laviolette have the same personal collection plates (does it say 'WJY'??).
          They have the same interior colour.
          And the actual DMV plates are just three digits apart (could be dealer plates though, not sure).

Could it be that the Spyder was converted into Laviolette? If not, then one guy has two red Spykers in his collection! I will have to go and check the time stamps on all my red Spyker pics.

Comment

Let's not forget this one. It's been bugging me for a while. Or rather, I have only seen this gorgeous blue Laviolette at the Miami Auto Show. And not with any of the Floridan dealers (Bramann, Pembroke, Tampa/Elder).

There are 2 bright blue Laviolette's: the one with a clear white interior at Park Place and this one with a tan interior.

Comment

Well done bucciali, I think I can add a few

2009525172442811.jpg

I think this one is #050.

By the way the Orange Laviolette in Singapore is #188.
              Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 30-07-2009, 08:11.
              Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

The white-blue Spyder, is no longer for sale at Spyker of Frankfurt / Bach Premium Cars.

Comment

The C8 Double 12 mentioned in post #4 (pic 3) can be related to this thread then, I geuss: http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...ellow-rhd.html.

Because of it seeming to be in the same colour scheme and in the same region (Bangkok)?

Niels

Comment

Yes that's correct Niels. I hope we will find the VIN of this Double 12 one day...

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                      [ATTACH]4963[/ATTACH]
                      I think this one is #050.

By the way the Orange Laviolette in Singapore is #188.
                      Interesting. What makes you think that?
                      Yes, I meant #188. Remember the VIN's incorrectly sometimes, but always pretty sure about the actual cars.

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                      The white-blue Spyder, is no longer for sale at Spyker of Frankfurt / Bach Premium Cars.
                      Interesting... Let's hope it found an owner that actually uses it, so we get to see some pictures of it at some point.

Originally posted by JoeD View Post
                      The C8 Double 12 mentioned in post #4 (pic 3) can be related to this thread then, I guess: http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...ellow-rhd.html.

Because of it seeming to be in the same colour scheme and in the same region (Bangkok)?
                      Yes, those are one and the same. There aren't many Double 12's as you know, so it's easy to put 2 and 2 together.
                      At a later stage, I will add links to all the listed cars, should they already have their own thread (possibly also to actual posts where they were discussed before).

[ATTACH]4931[/ATTACH]
                      I'm thinking that this might be #043, which was sold through Broughtons?
                      In the pictures I have of #043 the blue sure looks less bright, and the interior colour is much lighter, but we know that these look very different from one photo to the next, all depending on light situation and camera settings.

Stephan, I was actually amazed that I could pull 18 concrete cars out. From the VIN lists we can see that there are quite a few unknown VINS, but I hadn't expected to be able to show so many pictures of (VIN-) unknown and typical cars too.
                      I mean, I have plenty of pics of black Spyders with a tan interior, where I do not know which (known) VIN it is.

Curious to see what you come up with....

Comment

If a picture has been posted here, how on earth do I include it in a reply, visibly (without having to click on anything first)? Please educate me

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                          [ATTACH]4931[/ATTACH]
                          I'm thinking that this might be #043, which was sold through Broughtons?
                          In the pictures I have of #043 the blue sure looks less bright, and the interior colour is much lighter, but we know that these look very different from one photo to the next, all depending on light situation and camera settings.
                          Another difference between the cars mentioned (and shown in the pictures) is that the car in the #043 thread has the 'old' features. Such as the old headlights, old softtop, no side indicators and no 'gills' ontop of the frontwheels... The car in the attachement has the new features. And then on top off that the already mentioned colour difference...

I guess this puts another light on the situation

Niels

Comment

Yes, a totally different light, JoeD. Thanks for pointing it out. I was just comparing colours.

What I find funny though, is that it's the first time that this unknown blue Spyder enters SO, while it has been on autogespot like forever.

Is it also the one that was on Flickr, with a parking ticket?

Comment

On top of that #043 is a right hand drive

The one on flickr getting a parking ticket is #043.

Comment

Working...
                              X