Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools

I finally did it. I bought a tool chest, and stuff to go in there

I always was afraid of tools, because it would show my incompetence, and remove any doubt about it.....

Tom's influence is showing here. I can do some thoroughly unimportant stuff now, like taking off the splitter and clean it
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Half the splitter looks better now, as well as the license plate holder.
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Comment

Congratulations! Looks like fun.
      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Don't be too hard on yourself ;-) Tools look great, enjoy them.
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Oh! Wow! Congratulatiuons! Next time you come to Europe you can show me how to do this... my front splitter needs some panel beating... together, we might be able to do it.

(How high do you need to lift the car up to remove the front splitter, actually?)

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
            (How high do you need to lift the car up to remove the front splitter, actually?)
            None.
            Rijk

Comment

yes, but what tool will open my car door now that the battery has died

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                yes, but what tool will open my car door now that the battery has died
                Did you see my answer on how we think it can be done?
                Rijk

Comment

I got some wheel dollies to give me more space around the car.
                  Attached Files
                  Rijk

Comment

Too much snow and salt on the road, keeps the Spyker n the garage. The Lotus has to brave the elements, when my wife is gone with the Saab. The Lotus, even with the all-season tires is sheer undrivable under these conditions
                    Attached Files
                    Rijk

Comment

Dirt and gravel piled up....
                      Attached Files
                      Rijk

Comment

Lifting up the wheels and putting blocks under the lower A frames. taking the wheels off and cleaning them, as well as the inside of the front.

I don't know how to get rid of the water stripes on the radiator.

I also clayed the front clam shell and even clayed the windshield
                        Attached Files
                        Rijk

Comment

Great work Rijk, you must be one of the owners that does the most himself (with some great assistance from Tom of course)
                          Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                          I don't know how to get rid of the water stripes on the radiator.
                          I assume they are stains from the coolant. They are etched in the aluminium. I think you'll have to use a coarser compound to repolish it and then use finer and finer compounds to resurrect the shine.
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

A change of Season's and a much different look... compareing it to the pictures I have from late October when we were all there.

Comment

Working...
                            X