Clear Bra Options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Bra Options...

I thought some of you might like to see what I have done with my Spyker as it relates to protection. My 088 had a few small chips, etc. from general driving so I thought this would be a good idea. For those of you that are not familiar with clear-bra's: A clear bra is a thin layer of rubber that sticks to your car to protect it from rocks and other debris that may scuff the car. They range in price from $400-$2,000 depending on coverage as well as thickness of rubber. The brand also matters quite a bit. Go 3M, it is the safest route in most cases. Always ask for a warranty. These things are life savers and will significantly increase the resale value of your car if you drive a lot. Why? Well, if you drive a lot the clearbra will pick up all the crap that hits your car. I have seen a Porsche with one on it that looks like the front end was attacked by a pack of wolves. It was not pretty at all. You would have swore that the entire front end would have to be replaced before attempting to sell the car. The owner then removed the clearbra. You would have swore the car was brand new. I install some version of clearbra to every one of my cars.

You have a lot of options when it comes to these but the challenge is that the new spyker's (wide body) do not have a kit. The older ones have a kit that can easily be installed. I had a loccal guy do mine and he did a great job. I had the following: Fully hood, half front fenders, rear fender, and side view mirrors.

I'm not sure if you can see it in my pics but if you can't, he did a great job! Look right at the fins in the hood. That is where the "line" should be. I paid about $800 for all of this and I consider that to be a very good price. He has done all my other cars so I got a bit of a price break. This is the thick 3M stuff as well.

Dan
    Attached Files

He indeed did a good job. You can hardly see the edge.

Comment

I must admit I can't really see anything

I also have to admit I've never heard of them before - learn something new everyday

Comment

If you spend $50,000+ on a car that you drive a lot, this is a great investment.

Comment

I think the fella did a great job, as the only thing I can see is a spanking new and very lovely polished shining Red Spyker
          ______

Mel

Comment

Not that new, I have over 2500 miles on it so far! It is my little Coke can!

Comment

Oh, by the way... if you get your hands on a non-lwb car you can get a kit that fits this perfectly. My guy had to do this custom. That means more $$$, not necessarily any better.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                Oh, by the way... if you get your hands on a non-lwb car you can get a kit that fits this perfectly. My guy had to do this custom. That means more $$$, not necessarily any better.

Dan
                Well he did a great job anyway

Comment

I have to say that I like this color on a Spyker, I wasnt so sure about the color at first when I heard that they build some yellow and red cars in Zeewolde. But it looks very nice Dan!
                  Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                  Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Working...
                  X