• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
    I've seen that car in the factory. It has a purple leather interior

Very bad combination.
    Let's say Chinese people have a very special taste

Comment

Let me say this: The adage that "the customer is always right", has its limitations

(I think I've said this before)
      Rijk

Comment

Can anyone confirm that the two C8 Double 12S Spykers in China are infact a silver C8 Double 12S spyder and the grey C12 LaTurbie modified in to Laviolette versions?

The “C12 LaTubie Laviolette” has an air intake on its canopy but behind the seats I can’t see any connection to the engine?

Check the pictures at post #1 and #3.
        Last edited by Wouter; 29-07-2008, 12:29.

Comment

I don't think there is a "La Turbie Laviolette" I think this Spyker is a Double 12S with special customised (by the factory) features like the quattro exhaust system and the La Turbie nose section. The engine of the Spyder first had an airintake on the reardeck but that was abandoned very quickly. It uses the air intakes on the sides to feed air to the engine. So theoretically, the Laviolete and Double 12S can do without the roof air intake as well. In fact the Laviolette GT2R racecars don't use the roof air intake either.
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

On the other hand: There are some distinctive La Turbie features on this car that can not be found on a "normal" Double 12S...

Comment

Indeed it looks like the C12 laTurbie with a roof to me!

Some of the typical features of the C12 on this "C8 double 12S":
              1. More sharp cut headlights than the C8,
              2. One oval grill, C8 has two
              3. Smooth body while a C8 Double 12S has visible nails
              4. 4 exhausts
              5. Holes around the grill
              6. Automatic transmission

It has the same exterior and interior colours as the original C12, no visible connection from its air intake on the roof to the engine and also the original steering wheel as in the C12……

Anyway it looks stunning and probably a unique example!

PS: I can’t find this car in the “Vin list”
              Last edited by Wouter; 29-07-2008, 22:41.

Comment

Because we don't know the VIN

But I don't know if a Spyker with a W12 engine ever was able to drive! That is why I don't think it is a LaTurbie. And also the colour of the LaTurbie later changed into blue. The VIN of the LaTurbie is #055.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                  Indeed it looks like the C12 laTurbie with a roof to me!

Some of the typical features of the C12 on this "C8 double 12S":
                  1. More sharp cut headlights than the C8,
                  2. One oval grill, C8 has two
                  3. Smooth body while a C8 Double 12S has visible nails
                  4. 4 exhausts
                  5. Holes around the grill
                  6. Automatic transmission

It has the same exterior and interior colours as the original C12, no visible connection from its air intake on the roof to the engine and also the original steering wheel as in the C12……

Anyway it looks stunning and probably a unique example!

PS: I can’t find this car in the “Vin list”
                  On top of that, there is a polished metal "strip" (probably not the good word) which goes around the rear window. AS can be seen in the pictures of post #1. No other Double 12S I know of, has that strip. The La Turbie has...
                  It was necessary for the open version of the La Turbie to get a better finish. That for me is strong evidence in favour of the La Turbie Laviolette theory. If it was "just" a Double 12S it would make no sense to use this polished metal strip: Too much work and unnecessary.

Originally posted by AX lover View Post

But I don't know if a Spyker with a W12 engine ever was able to drive! That is why I don't think it is a LaTurbie. And also the colour of the LaTurbie later changed into blue. The VIN of the LaTurbie is #055.
                  I'm sure the W12 engine is not in there anymore (if it ever was), hence the C8 Double 12S badges on the car. Apparantly the tail lights of the original C12 La Turbie were changed to the normal tail lights of that time.

As AX points out rightly, the car was painted blue for the movie War (sometimes this movie is called Rogue) but it could be repainted in its original Gun Metal color.

I think this car got a new VIN when it was rebuild.

And yes, it is certainly unique !

Comment

Found this picture which shows the "C12 La Turbie" in the factory during its makeover into a Laviolette......?

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post

And also the colour of the LaTurbie later changed into blue. The VIN of the LaTurbie is #055.
                      I can't explain the "blue" LaTurbie.... it could be this was a wrap..., a different body or chassis? .....
                      Last edited by Wouter; 31-07-2008, 00:22.

Comment

According to Spyker there was only one C12 La Turbie chassis: The movie company that used it in the movie "War" was not allowed to actually drive it because there was only one C12 La Turbie.
                        I can think of one more reason: They could not drive it because there was no engine in it

About the different colors: It is possible to repaint it, but why? In the movie "War" it was blue but it was only briefly used as a static display in this movie so it could well have been it's original color. Once it was sold, Spyker repainted it in the color the owner wished, that part I can explain.

Maybe the original open top C12 La Turbie was sold and painted blue, to the liking of it's new owner but the deal fell through? Than it was sold again and rebuild with a roof and painted in the color the new owner liked?

I found another picture of the blue La Turbie: DSC02669.JPG on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
                        Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 31-07-2008, 14:28. Reason: added a link to a picture

Comment

Maybe it is better to move these posts to the #055 thread, if so required feel free to move Hans!

I tried to make a time line for the Spyker C12 La Turbie:

I - March 2005: Introduction at Geneva Motor Show color Gun Metal / Magnolia
                          II - January 2006: USA introduction at Los Angeles Auto show
                          III - April 2006: Announcement by Spyker that the La Turbie will star in the movie War, sometimes called Rogue
                          IV - November 2006: Los Angeles Auto show color now Royal Blue / Magnolia
                          V - August 2007: Movie War / Rogue released

Comment

Thanks "Laviolette GT2R" for your investigation and I am sure we will reveal the true history behind this Spyker one day.

Comment

Have we taken #066 into consideration too? I'm a bit lost in the discussion here....

(the 066 Thread in the register)
                              Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:37.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post

C8 Double 12 S

Not yet, just the chinese "?C12 LaTurbie Laviolette?" as seen in the pictures above.
                                Last edited by Wouter; 31-08-2008, 19:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X