Spykers in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
    Have we taken #066 into consideration too? I'm a bit lost in the discussion here....
    I think this was originally designed as an open top Double 12S and not as a closed top Double 12S. It also has the polished metal strip, just like the Chinese "Laviolette La Turbie". The closed Double 12S don't have this, unless they were converted afterwards to closed top ones.

I also think this was not the Blue La Turbie, the interior color is not right. Although this Spyker could have been refurbished, I don't think that's likely.

It is a special car though!
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I would also guess that this "C8 Double12S" in China is in fact the La Turbie.
      The interior details that I posted about on the first page of this thread, namely the extra switches on the midconsole (below the gearshift) and the radio on the dash, can very well have been built in at a later stage. These were not in the La Turbie:

But then I'm very curious as to why #066, clearly wearing a "C8 Double12" badge, does not have a roof and has the aluminium strip plus the 'cover plate' behind the headrests. Anyone any ideas on this?

Comment

But then I'm very curious as to why #066, clearly wearing a "C8 Double12" badge, does not have a roof and has the aluminium strip plus the 'cover plate' behind the headrests. Anyone any ideas on this?
        Spot the #066...
        Attached Files
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

You are right! I had to look twice but then its totally clear....

a rare picture of a C8 double 12 Spyder.

Comment

A nice colour combo :-)

Does anyone have more pics of this?

Comment

A nice collage of the red, white and blue C8 Spyder in China in 2005, when the Peking-to-Paris rally was driven again. It was accompanying the 1907 Spyker that originally drove the rally (a trip of 3 and 1/2 months!!). More info here: ABCTV - Peking to Paris

Last edited by bucciali; 15-08-2008, 09:19.

Comment

So, how many of the 200+ Spykers do we think that are actually in China?
                Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                  So, how many of the 200+ Spykers do we think that are actually in China?
                  Actually it would be nice if somebody can compile a list of how many Spykers are in what country.
                  Rijk

Comment

Another Spyker Laviolette in China

A Blue one with tan interior. Looks like #166, but with the correct steering wheel :-)
                    Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:37.

Comment

And a different key than the shiny round fob we have seen before.
                      Rijk, Dan, Jeffrey, do you also have such a key??

Comment

And some more of the silver Laviolette that I posted a while back.

Comment

And the last 4

Comment

And a different key than the shiny round fob we have seen before.
                            Rijk, Dan, Jeffrey, do you also have such a key??
                            No, and it's ugly (custom alarm key?)
                            Rijk

Comment

I thought I also saw one of those lying around in the D8 Peking-to-Paris...

Comment

keys

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                                I thought I also saw one of those lying around in the D8 Peking-to-Paris...
                                I was told they were the supplier's product which then is modified by Spyker into the nice heavy round keyfob we all know! I have one as my emergency key...

Comment

Working...
                                X