Spykers painted @ Rotterdam Automotive Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spykers painted @ Rotterdam Automotive Services

A little piece of text about a testcase for Broekman Automotive Rotterdam to paint some of the Spykerbody's.

It's in 1 of my albums:

Spyker Owner Forum - JoeD's Album: Spykers painted @ Rotterdam Automotive Services

Sorry it's in dutch, but the pictures are nice aswell.

Niels

Nice
    Louis

Comment

Very interesting article, thanx for posting!
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

LM85 bodypaint Update!!!

This time again taken from the intranet of Broekman Automotive a little update on the painting of the Spyker LM85 body's.

It seems that the test case that Broekman and Spyker did in September (see post #1) went as planned.

Broekman Automotive spuit Hollandse Supercar
        2008-11-24
        Met het opvoeren van de productie wil het niet zo vlotten, maar Spyker verdedigt internationaal wel mooi Nederlands' eer. Want hoeveel Noorse, Belgische of Spaanse sportwagens zijn er nou te zien op de autotentoonstelling van Los Angeles? Het geesteskind van Victor Muller staat wel mooi op de show te pronken. In feloranje nota bene, want het betreft de tot 24 exemplaren gelimiteerde LM85 uitvoering die gebaseerd is op de C8 Laviolette GT2R circuitwagen.

Voor de aandrijving zorgt de 4,2 liter V8 motor van Audi, die in de Spyker 400 pk sterk is. Het vermogen is niet exotisch hoog, maar in combinatie met de lichtgewicht carrosserie moeten er zeer respectabele prestaties mogelijk zijn. Vanaf de 'Super SUV' D12 Peking-to-Paris zal Spyker echter overstappen op motoren van Amerikaanse makelij. Anders dan gepland krijgt deze mastodont geen W12 motor van Volkswagen/Audi (de dagen van die unit zijn geteld), maar een V8 compressor unit.

De krachtbron is gekoppeld aan een 6-versnellingsbak van Getrag en via een Drexler limited slip differentieel worden de achterwielen aangedreven. Achter de 19-inch velgen met donkere poedercoating bevinden zich per wiel 6 remzuigers van AP Racing.

Van de circuitwagen GT2R neemt de LM85 niet alleen het aluminium chassis over, maar ook diens lakkleur (vlammend amandeloranje), pistoolmetaalkleurige buitenspiegelkappen, idem logo's, de koolstofvezel achterspoiler en ook diens decoratie aan de bovenrand van de voorruit.

Alle 24 exemplaren van de LM85 zullen aanwezig zijn op de 2009 editie van de 24 uur van Le Mans, die in juni plaatsvindt. De koper krijgt niet alleen een toegangskaartje voor dit evenement, maar ook een speciaal Chronoswiss horloge.

Update: RAS start begin december met het procesmatig spuiten van twintig body's voor de Spyker LM85, waarbij de doorlooptijd ongeveer drie weken is.

The last sentence tells us that Rotterdam Automotive Services will start painting the LM85 body’s in December.
        20 of the LM85 body’s will be painted at RAS which al will have a run time of approximately 3 weeks.
        Last edited by JoeD; 25-11-2008, 08:23.
        Niels

Comment

That's great news!

Thanx for sharing!
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD View Post
            Rotterdam Automotive Services will start painting the LM85 body’s in December.
            20 of the LM85 body’s will be painted at RAS which al will have a run time of approximately 3 weeks.
            I would have thought that they would paint the bodies as the orders come in, but this sounds like there is a full production run at once. I like that
            Rijk

Comment

Great news! If al of the new LM85 owners decide to take there limited edition Spyker to Le Mans Spykercars has a little more than 6 months to build these cars. With the knowledge that the C8 Aileron is also entering production “respect your deadline” will probably be an often used sentence in the factory.

Also a nice test for the factory to see how efficient the new production line layout actually is….This is going to be a very nice, orange coloured, sight in the factory .
              Last edited by Wouter; 25-11-2008, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                I would have thought that they would paint the bodies as the orders come in, but this sounds like there is a full production run at once. I like that
                Rijk,

I asked the person responsible for the painting of the LM85 body’s (of which they sold 20 already) and he told me that indeed all the body’s will have the same orange/grey colourscheme.

The body is first totally painted orange (3 times). After that they put the grey paint over the orange paint. Then they rub the whole body again and paint it again. (see first post for detailed explanation (In Dutch))

A very intensive process which takes about 3 weeks including al the drying and stuff.

Hope you like this as well

To bad, the first body arrival already is to late

Last edited by JoeD; 26-11-2008, 11:52.
                Niels

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD View Post

I asked the person responsible for the painting of the LM85 body’s (of which they sold 20 already) and he told me that indeed all the body’s will have the same orange/grey colourscheme...

Do you mean that spyker already sold 20 lm85's ??
                  Louis

Comment

Originally posted by luigisk View Post
                    Do you mean that spyker already sold 20 lm85's ??
                    Jes, exactly That's what has been told to me today.

Niels

Comment

That's Great ! Good to hear that spyker is selling good again
                      Louis

Comment

Some new pics:

Picture 006.jpg Picture 005.jpg

Picture 004.jpg Picture 003.jpg

Picture 002.jpg Picture 001.jpg

Always funny to see the body in separate parts

Niels

Comment

Nice pics, Niels, thanks for sharing!
                          Indeed nice to see the 'bare' body parts

Comment