Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yachts not collectibles yet, but change is coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yachts not collectibles yet, but change is coming...

... look who is here! (source) ... with endless optimism, as usual!
    Attached Files

We are working on a yacht interior, and it is amazing how the yacht builder is trying to avoid too much personalization. Even when they can charge huge amounts of change order money, they are very conscious of the resale value impact of certain design choices.

They are already looking for trying to sell the next yacht to our client
    Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      We are working on a yacht interior, and it is amazing how the yacht builder is trying to avoid too much personalization. Even when they can charge huge amounts of change order money, they are very conscious of the resale value impact of certain design choices.

They are already looking for trying to sell the next yacht to our client
      Hi Rijk,

Was just cruising through the Forum and saw this posting. Someday when we meet, remind me to tell you the story about my niece who was asked by Steven Spielberg to design and manage the construction of the interior of his 282' yacht. Quite a big accomplishment for a kid who never graduated from high school!
      Scott

Comment

Scott,

It is already a cool story, and you haven't told it to me yet
        Rijk

Comment

Scott,

It is already a cool story, and you haven't told it to me yet
          Hi Rijk,

Someday I'll also tell you the story about my friend, Paul Hurst, whose father left he and his mother when Paul was three years old. Paul's father purchased the Staghound, the first yacht to win both legs of the TransPac and later, to circumnavigate the island nation of Japan. I once asked Paul how his father had the resources to just go sailing and also send money home to support Paul and his mother. Paul said, "My dad's father invented the process to extrude aluminum." I said, "I now understand!"

Many years later, when my F-15 program manager was ready to retire, he gave me his nautical library because he was buying a motor home to travel around the country and didn't have room for his books. One of the books was titled, "When the Wind Calls" and inside the front cover was a note to my program manager thanking him for helping refurbish the Staghound. My program manager met Paul's father when he was stationed in Japan after the Vietnam War, and had 1500 board feet of spruce flown in from Alaska to help refurbish the Staghound.

There are many more interesting details and I will tell them to you when we meet someday!
          Scott

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have as many cool stories to tell, but Victor's Highlander yacht has a great story behind it. All in Tropicana orange of course
            Attached Files
            Rijk

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have as many cool stories to tell, but Victor's Highlander yacht has a great story behind it. All in Tropicana orange of course
              Hi Rijk,

Absolutely beautiful! There is nothing better than Spykers and boats!

Have you ever visited Marina del Rey in Los Angeles? I have another great story about my father-in-law, the first three towers constructed in Marina del Rey (Marina City), and Howard Hughes ("The Aviator" and founder of Hughes Aircraft Co.). It is classic, just like Spyker and both of which are only for the tenacious!
              Scott

Comment

Well, I have a story about our design of a Boeing 777.
                Rijk

Comment

Well, I have a story about our design of a Boeing 777.
                  Hi Rijk,

Looking forward to hearing about it!
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X