Spyker Squadron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
    .. And I have to say that it looks real nice!
    Agreed, but it is a missed opportunity the site doesn't link to SpykerOwner.com

Comment

VOLVO DELIVERS NEW TRUCKS FOR SPYKER SQUADRON

Zeewolde, 9 august 2008 - Earlier this year Volvo Truck Nederland and Spyker Squadron negotiated an agreement for the use of two Volvo trucks until the end of the 2010 race season. The trucks will be used to transport the race trailers with the race cars of the SNORAS Spyker Squadron team that races in the famous 24-hours of Le Mans and in the Le Mans Series. Last Friday, at the Spyker Cars factory in Zeewolde, Spyker Squadron took delivery of their two state of the art Volvo FH520 Trucks.

The Volvo FH is the perfect choice for transporting Spyker’s cars and equipment over long distances. Both trucks have the most powerful version of Volvo’s 12.8 litre in-line 6-cylinder diesel engine with turbocharger and intercooler; it delivers 520 horsepower and 2500 Nm torque. The horsepower and torque delivered by the Euro 5 engine are transfered via Volvo’s famous I-Shift automatic transmission to the rear axle. The automatic gearbox not only delivers great comfort to the driver it also improves maneuverability and reduces fuel economy.

Optimum comfort for the chauffeurs is ensured by the Globetrotter XL cab. With its extra height it offers a generous sleeping accommodation, standing height, lots of interior space and good storage facilities.

Peter van Erp, managing director of Spyker Squadron: “I am delighted with this agreement with Volvo Truck Nederland. Our new Volvo FH trucks are perfectly suited to economically transport the team’s race cars and all our equipment over long distances to races and test throughout Europe. The Volvo FH520’s are really the next step for Spyker Squadron in image and professionalism”.

Rob Schram, Manager Commercial Trucks of Volvo Truck Nederland: “Besides the Spyker brand and its charming designs it were the Spyker people that immensely impressed me. They have had so many challenges in their short history and it is very encouraging to see how keen and motivated they are to make Spyker a success. In the near future Volvo Trucks will launch a truck with the most powerful engine available in the industry and we will jointly organise events with Spyker to support the launch of our new flagship”.

The new Volvo trucks will be used for the first time this week as the next race for the Dutch team will be the fourth round in the Le Mans Series, the 1000 km of the Nürburgring August 17.

Source: Nieuwsdetail | Spykercars

Looks nice!

Comment

Great news: This means Spyker will participate in endurance racing for (at least) the next two years !
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I got some nice pics of an early GT2R: naked body, interior & detail shots. I quite like them, so I thought I would share
          Found them on this Chinese site, so I don't know where they were taken.

I'm a bit new to the Racing&Tracking part of the forum, so forgive me for posting them here
          Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:36.

Comment

and the last two....
            Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:36.

Comment

Very funny to see a standard plastic windshield-wiper stalk on the steering column.
              Rijk

Comment

I just visited Ultimatecarpage.com and noticed that these pictures I found on the Chinese website, are originally from there. Sorry Wouter!

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                  I just visited Ultimatecarpage.com and noticed that these pictures I found on the Chinese website, are originally from there. Sorry Wouter!
                  That's not me..so not a reason to be .....

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                    That's not me..so not a reason to be .....
                    No, I know. Was referring to UCP.com's co-owner: Wouter Melissen.

Comment

Came across this nice site: www.snorasworld.lt

Comment

no photos?

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                        Came across this nice site: www.snorasworld.lt
                        photo gallery - spyker cars
                        doesn't seem to have any pictures in it! I am sure Spyker works can provide a few for this nice website!!!!

Comment

Just a spectacular image showing a Spyker hitting the circuit barrier backwards. The accident happened at the Spa 1000km in 2007?.

Spyker C8 001 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! picture "TN"
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Wouter; 14-11-2008, 00:27.

Comment

And it still finished 8th in class...
                            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

What do you guys (and girls) think about the video and new media features that the Squadron used during last weekends race?

Video and New Media
                              Vimeo: Spyker Squadron on Vimeo
                              Twitter: Spyker Squadron (spykersquadron) on Twitter
                              Facebook: Spyker Squadron | Facebook
                              Flickr: Flickr: Spyker Squadron's Photostream

Helpful? Or a waste of money and time?

Comment

Working...
                              X