Official Spyker Owner Forum

Go Back   Official Spyker Owner Forum > Spyker Enthusiasts - Public Forum > Technical Q&A

Old 02-08-2015, 13:28
Spyker Owner #207 (former owner #107)

Where to service a Spyker.

After Bill's question about service, I thought that we should have a dedicated thread about who to use for service.

For LA it is clear, and the NE is covered too. How about the rest of the US, or the world for that matter.

Old 02-08-2015, 15:07
Spyker Owner #153

I have a good friend who owns an independent shop and works on BMW, Audi, and MBZ.

Why wouldn't I use him to do something like a belt-change on the Spyker? Is there something so unique about the procedure that he'll be hopelessly lost?

Also, why is a belt change so expensive? On my Ferraris, it was because the entire engine had to be dropped out of the car to allow access to the belts (~40 hours of labor involved in the belt service). Is that the case with the Spyker?
Old 02-08-2015, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
I have a good friend who owns an independent shop and works on BMW, Audi, and MBZ.

Why wouldn't I use him to do something like a belt-change on the Spyker? Is there something so unique about the procedure that he'll be hopelessly lost?

Also, why is a belt change so expensive? On my Ferraris, it was because the entire engine had to be dropped out of the car to allow access to the belts (~40 hours of labor involved in the belt service). Is that the case with the Spyker?
You should. Just not your standard Audi tech. Every procedure is unique, but we have a lot of the shop manual when you need it.

The engine needs to come out for the belt change. The rear clamshell needs to be taken off.

Old 03-08-2015, 15:33
Spyker Owner #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Spider View Post
You should. Just not your standard Audi tech. Every procedure is unique, but we have a lot of the shop manual when you need it.

The engine needs to come out for the belt change. The rear clamshell needs to be taken off.
Hi Rijk,

My friend is a bit of a perfectionist and has restored some concours winning BMWs. I trust him - and if he isn't comfortable, I know he'll tell me.

Could you please point me at where I can find the relevant pieces of the shop manual?

Thanks!
Rick
Old 04-08-2015, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
Hi Rijk,

My friend is a bit of a perfectionist and has restored some concours winning BMWs. I trust him - and if he isn't comfortable, I know he'll tell me.

Could you please point me at where I can find the relevant pieces of the shop manual?

Thanks!
Rick
Look in the download section. Most basic stuff is there. There is more, but it takes some doing. Let me know what you are planning to do.