New Spyker owner questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spyker owner questions

So looks like I am the new kid on the block taking delivery next Tuesday from Galpin in LA of the White C8 Laviolette.

I am looking into performance options already, going from a Gallardo Superleggera to the Spyker which is 130hp less, need to up these numbers. I am aware of the VF Engineering Supercharger, but to drop 30k out of the gate doesn't seem feasible right now.

Any suggestions? Software tuning or anything that anyone is aware of would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seth Rose
    Seth Rose
    www.ExoticsRally.com
    seth@exoticsrally.com
    2011 Bullrun Live Rally Champion - Team Exotics Rally
    2012 Bullrun Live Rally Champion - Team Exotics Rally

also - anyone know how much room the trunk has, since I am flying in and spending a few days pimping it around LA - gonna have a few carry-on pieces for travel.... going with my girlfriend - and everyone knows how they love to overpack
    Last edited by globallambo; 16-01-2012, 15:14.
    Seth Rose
    www.ExoticsRally.com
    seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Originally posted by globallambo View Post
      also - anyone know how much room the truck has, since I am flying in and spending a few days pimping it around LA - gonna have a few carry-on pieces for travel.... going with my girlfriend - and everyone knows how they love to overpack
      I assume you mean trunk space not truck space

Quick answer is not all that much space at all. Think a very small piece of collapsible or soft luggage and expect that luggage to get very hot in transit in that the trunk space has very little insulation. Tell the GF she's limited to a single cosmetic bag...no BS!

With regard to supercharging the engine, there are folks here that are experts in this area and have had the work done to their cars, but I would suggest you spend a few weeks/months getting to know how the car handles, because it's a bit of a beast without supercharging.

Comment

Congratulations on the purchase Seth! You'll love the personality of the car.
        The trunk is the equivalent of two slightly over-sized briefcases (which I believe are included with the purchase, otherwise they can be found through the forum). Swisstrader is spot on about cooking the contents, so maybe the makeup bag should go in the passenger footwell

I agree with ST about the performance upgrades as well. Without the traction control and the 43/57 rear bias, it wouldn't be hard to lose control. There's definitely plenty of torque on launch and traction is the biggest issue. More power closer to the triple digit range would be welcome though as you get it all figured out. Let us know what you modifications you end up going with and have fun!
        Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

Congrats Seth!!!! You will love the Spyker. I came from a Gallardo to the Spyker and yes it is much slower but sounds amazing. There is not much you can do to increase power other then S/C. I thought about S/C but I think it will make the car harder to drive fast in corners and give you a greater chance of spinning out. Can't wait to see pictures of your new ride! Spykers are best in white!!

Comment

Seth, I am 'case zero' for the VF Engineering supercharger. (It was developed on my car, #083.) It is fantastic and will give your car the power you are are used to in the Lambo.

I love the Spyker and how it handles. In particular, the F1-style suspension and light weight, the direct steering and the excellent AP racing brakes. The brakes are super once you get used to the required 'push'. My only grumble with the car was that it lacked about 100 hp that I was used to.

After watching my friends in Italian cars pull away from me on the straights (not in the turns -- they couldn't escape me there!), I opened discussions with Spyker about supercharing the car. They directed me to VF Engineering, and the rest, as they say, is history.

The VF Engineering supercharger is worth every penny, in my opinion. If you get around to discussing installing one with Nik Saran at VF, I'm sure he would offer me as a reference.

Congratulations on your new purchase! You are in for such a treat!

See you in the Owner's Section of the forum!
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Car is so low for driveways. Have to have someone work on a lifting system. The scrape drives me nuts!!!
              Seth Rose
              www.ExoticsRally.com
              seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

How about adding some skid plates? You might have them on the 430.
                Rijk

Comment

I'm sure you are coming in on a angle into your driveway. I found that my Spyker had more ground clearance then my old 2004 Gallardo (no lift system).

Comment

Yup. Sucks a bit...I've found that backing up better than going forward...just not as grand an entrance

Comment

Did you ever add the supercharger?

Comment

#083 has the VF supercharger. I haven't driven that one, but I did drive Victor Mullers car #158 with the MTM supercharger extensively. I personally didn't care too much about the peaky HP burst, and think that 400HP is plenty for a car that is barely heavier than a Mini.

I heard that the VF supercharger is much smoother, but I let Justice chime in on that one.
                        Rijk

Comment

Working...
                        X