X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP4 12C

Soon (August 2) I will get a whole day in England with the McLaren MP4 12C
    Rijk

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It is a fabulous, and very fast car.

The only issue I observed was a shimmying under hard braking, from over 100 mph down. Happened repeatedly. I've heard that some other MP4-12Cs have experienced the same problem. I have heard it suggested that it is a brake bias issue and may be a simple adjustment.

My only other complaint is that, if you are going to put a sound system in a nice car, it should be a nice sound system. Subwoofer, not included on the 12C.

Don't get me wrong. In most respects a STELLAR driver! And look, one car, one model, and McLaren has knife at Ferrari's throat. Whoa.
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Excellent choice. I really love the MP4-12C

Comment

I came away very impressed. The MP4 12C is a fantastic car, if you consider it being a first generation model by a company that only built a handfull of racing cars.

I only drove B and C roads, so never had it above 100mph. The automatic mode on small roads was very annoying. It up shifted way too early, but there might be better settings for that. Within two minutes of driving I had all settings at Track and manual shifting and traction control off. Now that was better.

More sound, better throttle response, stronger brakes. I always had a love-hate relationship with the F430, and don't miss it at all now that it is gone. I decided that the 458 would only be "worse" (as in too capable for public roads), and I do not like the Spider version. It ruins the beautiful coupe lines.

Now, I was very taken with the McLaren, and can make a very strong care for it to myself. I hope this will subside in time:lol::lol::lol:
        Rijk

Comment

Picking up my son Alex in Cambridge from his Oxbridge summer study program
          Attached Files
          Rijk

Comment

Nice! Love Orange on a MP4 12C. Is this a metallic paint?

Comment

Rijk, It was a pleasure to get to meet you in Zeewolle. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say 'Goodbye'. I love the the new McLaren, and it's certainly hard to go wrong with orange. One of our local car afficianodos has this beautiful example in orange also Take Care!
              Attached Files
              Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

That is the better orange.
                Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                  Nice! Love Orange on a MP4 12C. Is this a metallic paint?
                  No, a flat orange. No match for the Burnt Orange of Spyker.
                  Rijk

Comment

The paint on the Spykers is particularly good compared to other brands.

Comment

The MP4 12C looks good. And nice to hear you loved it!

Comment

... Monte Carlo. My wife, my yacht and my car :lol::lol::lol: ... not exactly true .
                        Attached Files

Comment

You are still ahead of the curve! :lol:

Comment

Working...
                          X