Dash clock calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash clock calibration

Has anyone else had the hour hand on their dashboard clock get out of calibration?

I know how to change the time...not talking about that. What I mean: for example, if I set the minutes at the top of the hour, the hour hand is not on the selected hour - it's usually about a quarter of an hour "off" in terms of where it's pointing.

How can I get the hour hand calibrated or re-zeroed if you will? Hope this makes sense, I can add a picture later if need be.

Originally posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
    Has anyone else had the hour hand on their dashboard clock get out of calibration?

I know how to change the time...not talking about that. What I mean: for example, if I set the minutes at the top of the hour, the hour hand is not on the selected hour - it's usually about a quarter of an hour "off" in terms of where it's pointing.

How can I get the hour hand calibrated or re-zeroed if you will? Hope this makes sense, I can add a picture later if need be.
    Yes mine has that 'feature' as well. I thought mine must have been a special order option, but if you have it as well maybe it was standard fitment. If you find a way to fix it let me know!

Comment

When I adjust the time, I have to turn the minute hand twice around to change one hour. Do you have that too?
      Rijk

Comment

I have checked the Factory specifications of Siemens VDO and there is no possibility to calibrate the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
          Yes mine has that 'feature' as well. I thought mine must have been a special order option, but if you have it as well maybe it was standard fitment. If you find a way to fix it let me know!
          Sounds like I have to just live with it - which is not the end of the world.

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          When I adjust the time, I have to turn the minute hand twice around to change one hour. Do you have that too?
          Now that you mention it, yes I do think mine behaves this way as well.

Originally posted by Jasperdd View Post
          I have checked the Factory specifications of Siemens VDO and there is no possibility to calibrate the clock.
          Thanks for the definitive answer (and the PM). I will learn to consider it a "feature" because replacing it sounds like eventually it ends up failing again.

Comment

Working...
          X