Round 5 - 2010: 1000 km of Silverstone - 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in lust with this car.

The free practice video was super too. I would love to drive like that!
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
      I am in lust with this car.

The free practice video was super too. I would love to drive like that!
      That car is a monster! I'd love to drive it

And this round's final press release:

SPYKER SQUADRON FINISHES 7TH IN SEASON FINALE

SILVERSTONE, September 12, 2010 - Peter Dumbreck and Tom Coronel finished in seventh place in today’s Autosport 1000 KM of Silverstone, the final round of the 2010 Le Mans Series season.

2010 Spyker Squadron Silverstone LMS Race Day from Spyker Squadron on Vimeo.
      On the opening lap Dumbreck lost a few places but as the race progressed the car picked up the pace and showed its reliability once more. There was contact with an LMP car twice and in the heat of a battle between Coronel and Jean Alesi the two briefly went off. But the car kept going and gradually moved up towards the front of the strong GT2 category.

In his final stint Dumbreck pushed hard to keep the BMW Team Schnitzer car behind him. With Spyker Squadron eventually finishing one place ahead of the BMW it also means that Spyker has taken third in the constructors championship, ahead of BMW, Aston Martin and Lamborghini.

Finishing at Silverstone also meant Spyker Squadron finished all races this season, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The Spyker C8 Laviolette GT2R finished all races it took part in since the 1000 KM of the Nürburgring in August of 2009.

Quotes after the race

Tom Coronel: “To be honest I expected a bit more. I thought we could fight with the front runners, but we couldn’t. I didn’t have the cleanest of races, due to some incidents I lost some 30 seconds. The car was solid, super stable and very steady! Last year we finished second here, this year nobody made a mistake. It was a pity I went off the track with Alesi.”

Peter Dumbreck: “For me it has been a good weekend. I am happy with my performance and it was all we could do. Unfortunately I lost some places on the first lap but we were able to claw back some positions during the race. I really had to push in my last stint to secure the third place in the constructors championship.”

Peter van Erp, Managing Director: “A seventh place finish. Eventually we have had a good weekend. In the practice sessions, qualifying and warm-up we were right up there. The start of the race was somewhat disappointing as we did not have the pace of the other teams, but we managed to get back during the race.

It wasn’t an easy season for us. Fortunately we had more speed and more reliability than we had last year, no race excluded. Due to the increased competition a higher classification at some events was simply not possible. My compliments to the team and to the drivers, who managed to get the best out of themselves and out of the car. Special thanks to the sponsors and partners of Spyker Squadron and of course the management in Zeewolde!

As for the championship I can only say that it is a great championship now, there isn’t a better platform for the promotion of your brand. All the factory teams and drivers are here!”

About Spyker Squadron

Spyker Squadron was founded in 2001 to underwrite the performance of the highly exclusive hand-build Spyker sports cars. Spyker Squadron is a dedicated team consisting of engineers, drivers and supporting personnel that develops, builds and supports the Spyker GT2 race cars. The team is based in Zeewolde, the Netherlands, where it has a high-tech workshop to support its operations.

For more Spyker Squadron updates do not forget to drop by our VIMEO and TWITTER pages which we will be updating regularly.
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
        That car is a monster! I'd love to drive it
        Me too. But I doubt I can actually get into the car. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
          The free practice video was super too.
          Here's race day

+ YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Nice one by TomGay81:
            Attached Files

Comment

Hearing that people had problems downloading the pictures from flickr.com we've changed some settings.

Those that had problems (probably due to not having a flickr account) please let me know if the problem is solved.

Comment

Working...
              X