Clear All

• Interesting Spyker C8 Review

Gents-
    Interesting Spyker C8 review... Kurt

https://www.autotrader.com/car-video...istence-271196

Trending #5 on YouTube with 750K views
    Rijk

Comment

I think I told Doug half a dozen times that there is no power assist on the brakes. Granted, it's an odd feeling the first time you experience it but no reason to be that critical. Got to 'man up' to drive a Spyker.

I'm not sure how well it comes through in the article but Doug was really, really impressed by the car - he loved it - especially driving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
        I think I told Doug half a dozen times that there is no power assist on the brakes. Granted, it's an odd feeling the first time you experience it but no reason to be that critical. Got to 'man up' to drive a Spyker.

I'm not sure how well it comes through in the article but Doug was really, really impressed by the car - he loved it - especially driving it.
        I enjoy Doug's reviews, but who needs power assisted brakes when you have AP Racing brakes and just for the record, who needs power assisted steering when you have Formula 1 type horizontal inboard pushrod suspension with Eibach springs over Koni shocks! Also, Doug should include a category in his rating system that compares automobiles to others of the same year(s) in which they were built. In that category, Spyker would come out on top!
        Last edited by Scott Triplitt; 30-11-2017, 04:50.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Eggo View Post

I know the frustration that comes with reviews like that. Don't forget that there is just too much information to process in a very short time. Most people will never see the full video....
          Rijk

Comment

I really enjoyed watching his review and all of his enthusiasm for the car. There definitely seemed to be a disparity between his enthusiasm for the car and his final numerical scores. The scores did not seem to reflect his excitement at all.
            Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

The scoring was along the lines of "my Corvette is faster than your Ferrari".

And they are right of course.....
              Rijk

Comment

Working...
              X